What Will 135 Look Like In A Year?

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
With the flyweight division being closed, how will the rankings and roster play out for 135? How do you think guys like Smolka, Nguyen, and Benavidez do?

Most of them fought at 135 at one point, but I am not sure how they do against the larger guys like TJ, Marlon, Cruz etc.

With the flyweight division being closed, how will the rankings and roster play out for 135? How do you think guys like Smolka, Nguyen, and Benavidez do?

Most of them fought at 135 at one point, but I am not sure how they do against the larger guys like TJ, Marlon, Cruz etc.
I think it'll look mostly the same. I honestly think only Joe B would crack top 10 of any bw.

135 will look like a home depot store. Quality stuff at the front, garbage at the back

135 is already stacked. A lot of FLW won't make it far, a couple will though and add to the depth and greatness of 135.

I'd give Joe B, Cejudo, and maybe Pettis a very good chance of making the top 10. However, I don't see any of them beating Moraes or Assuncao.

Guys like Nguyen, Pantoja, and Borg could be in the lower top 15 at some point, but will probably be middle of the pack.

Last edited:
I am not sure how they do against the larger guys like TJ, Marlon, Cruz etc.

Look at John Dodson to see. Isn't he 3-3 since going back up to 135 after losing to DJ the 2nd time?

They’ll become the new 125... people will have little interest, call them manlets, and wish to be combined with 145 to rid the division.

Back