Rockhold at LHW

Niels

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do you think Rockhold will/would do at LHW?

I know a lot of people will say he has a bad chin for MW, imagine what LHW will do to him, but not cutting as much weight will bring back his chin IMO.

People think of the Bisping KO being the cause of him being ‘chinny’ lately, but remember the chin he displayed against Jacare in strikeforce? Also he has a record of 16-4 with 4 losses by KO, 1 by TRT Vitor, 1 by Yoel and 1 by that ‘lucky’ strike Bisping threw.

I really feel like the weightcut got to him and not the Bisping KO

The talent level seems way higher at 185 than 205 right now. He’d probably do well aside from Gus and Jones. I doubt we’d ever see him and dc fight. I think dc would also beat him for what it’s worth.

He'd be top 5. But that doesn't say anything because there are only 4 LHWs worth a damn. He would lose to Jones, DC, Gus.

The talent level seems way higher at 185 than 205 right now. He’d probably do well aside from Gus and Jones. I doubt we’d ever see him and dc fight. I think dc would also beat him for what it’s worth.
Probably haha, have you seen DC slam Rockhold in that open workout?

Give him a rematch against Romero at 205

giphy.gif

<{jackyeah}>

I love Luke but a fight with DC could see Rockhold vegetablized.

Luke looks like he's half dead making the weight. I'd think 205 would do him and his chin better. Plus he could make a serious run if he gets his injuries fixed and trains full time with AKA again.

Luke looks like he's half dead making the weight. I'd think 205 would do him and his chin better. Plus he could make a serious run if he gets his injuries fixed and trains full time with AKA again.
I agree, i think he feels more confident at AKA too

Could he beat a Latifi or a C.Anderson at LHW?

My gut tells me he struggles with guys like that.

DC and Rockhould would NEVER fight.
They're like brothers.

Rockhold would get smashed dead by Jon. It would be bad. Very bad

I think the hard cut really affects Weidman and Rockhold....

Last I heard Rockhold walks around at the lower 200s? But even if it doesn't look like a big cut, weight cuts affect fighters differently. Everybody's body is different.

Middleweight to Heavyweight, men have very similar frames, excluding the very biggest Heavyweights.

UFC-221-Romero-vs-Rockhold-Official-Weigh-in-Results_649863_OpenGraphImage.jpg

I think he should move up his last weight cut looked terrible

I think that He'll make it to the top 5 really really easy. the lhw division is very unskilled and not competitive.

Jones and Gus will trouble him, but most others would lose

He gets destroyed by Jones and Gustafsson but the rest of the top 10 LHWs are a big question mark for Rockhold.

As some others have said, the guy looks like its struggle city making weight.

He's got the frame and size of a light heavyweight and at his age the weight-cut is depleting him. This isn't a hard thing to index:

- having a hard time making 185
- has the height and reach for 205
- 205 is paper thin division outside the top 3

No reason he can't compete just fine. I don't see him beating Jones or Gus, but I also don't see him beating Romero or Whittaker. Go where the money and comfort is, and that is 205 at this point in his career.

Back