Are we gonna count Tony as a champ?

EmbraceTheGrind

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I noticed in the UFC 25th anniversary picture Tony was not pictured. This was a little sad to me because he currently owns the longest win streak in LW history and never got a fair title shot because Conor refused to defend the belt. I believe interim champs should be counted, it means either the current champ wont fight you or has been inactive for too long or a combination of both. The moment you refuse to sign to fight a clear #1 contender means you're giving grounds for an interim title fight, much like Bisping did with Yoel vs Whittaker.

So, if Tony were to retire TODAY would you guys say former ufc champion when bringing him up?

Tony is the Champ, just because the organization is run like a circus doesn’t mean shit to me..

If Khabib doesn't fight Ferguson next, then I consider Ferguson to be the real champ.

giphy.gif

I definitely considered him the real champ. But after Khabib whooped Conor, I gotta say Khabib is the rightful champ at the moment.

I definitely considered him the real champ. But after Khabib whooped Conor, I gotta say Khabib is the rightful champ at the moment.
I for sure consider khabib the champ right now!

I just mean are we counting him as a rightful FORMER ufc LW champ.

I noticed in the UFC 25th anniversary picture Tony was not pictured. This was a little sad to me because he currently owns the longest win streak in LW history and never got a fair title shot because Conor refused to defend the belt. I believe interim champs should be counted, it means either the current champ wont fight you or has been inactive for too long or a combination of both. The moment you refuse to sign to fight a clear #1 contender means you're giving grounds for an interim title fight, much like Bisping did with Yoel vs Whittaker.

So, if Tony were to retire TODAY would you guys say former ufc champion when bringing him up?

no but the power cord he lost 2 I call a champ

As impressive as Tony’s record is he hasn’t beaten #1 or #3 so he can’t be the champ :p

Ufc title means shit.

Hate to say it, but they have adjusted and watered down and played so many games with their belts that they are worth next to nothing.

Also, as an aside, was Cody shown with his belt?

Tony was Champ. I'm not his biggest fan but let's be real. 10 win streak at the time and Conor wouldn't defend.
Tony Ferguson is a Forner UFC Champ. He deserves it. Never deserved to be stripped.

Ferg is currently the co-champ with Khabib as far as I am concerned. His interim title should never have been stripped. Given the circumstances that was disgraceful.

This fight must happen in order to determine the best LW in the world. Neither man can make that claim until he bests the other.

there_can_be_only_one_highlander.gif

No, not a champion unfortunately. Gets the raw end of the deal but would never consider him a champion . For me an intern has to defend the belt at least for me to say he's a champion

He never beat the belt holder and never fought for a vacant belt so no.
Interim belts are bullshit.

If he beats Khabib he was always the champ

If he loses to Khabib he was never the champ

Oh yea I totally forgot. LoL I always think his fight with Lee is for some kind of #1 contender spot.

Back