Yair reveals where he learned that sneaky elbow from...

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
None other than Cowboy Cerrone....

Weirder part is I don't recall Cowboy using that move?

But Yair says he saw Cowboy using it, and decided to start practicing it and including it in his arsenal.

Smart idea - It saved his bacon Saturday night.

Time-Stamped:

You realise there is sparring right? Fighters try new shit whilst sparring for fun, hell I even saw some double super man punch during sparring that was actually effective.

You realise there is sparring right? Fighters try new shit whilst sparring for fun, hell I even saw some double super man punch during sparring that was actually effective.

I think he meant that Cowboy himself has been in wars and desperate situations where he needed to throw out a hail-Mary and didn’t once attempt it.

Clearly it's from Seagal.

TS:

Thanks for sharing mate. I found the origin interesting.

No, he obviously learned it from Tony Jaa.

At 0:33

Someone posted a gif of cowboy attempting a similar elbow a few days ago.
Can't remember the thread and it didn't land but it was a very similar technique. The difference is KZ had charged yair and was standing over him. When cowboy threw it he was almost stepping forward trying to reach his opponent.

I think a fighter said ferguson uses a similar technique in practice too.

EDIT**
I think this is it:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/what.3864061/page-7#post-146558251

didn't cowboy throw it against Makdessi?

That fight was incredibly entertaining. I wouldn't say no to a rematch.

Has to be the craziest stoppage in recent memory. With one second left on the clock he totally bodies KZ with a shot no one has ever seen.

No, he obviously learned it from Tony Jaa.

At 0:33

this was one of my favorite scenes from ong bak that was the first thing I thought when I saw that elbow in slow mo,I was thinking of Tony Jaa from Ong Back doing his moves and he did some crazy elbows like that.

thanks for dropping the video

Just like jon, yair is a disciple of the look-see-doo art

A common trait among the greats

<{yearp}>

Someone find the gif.. I think Silva tried it in the Bisping fight but didnt connect.. that was the 1st time I saw it.. I thought it would be nearly impossible of ever happening but it did lol

Two Words

Ong Bak

Theres like every elbow variation in that flick

ConsiderateDeepBoa-size_restricted.gif

Cowboy does a lot of sneaky Elbows.

I was about to post this. Cerrone used alot of crazy shit against Stephens. The one and only fight Cowboy has ever thrown a spinning back fist or that duck down up elbow.

Back