UFC needs to get rid of the woman's featherweight division...

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I mean for real. If they can get rid of a deep talent rich Flyweight division, I think they can get rid of a division that doesn't even have enough fighters to have rankings on UFC website.

If Nunes wins, I think there is no reason to keep that division going. Easy explanation, there just aren't enough fighters.

Thoughts?

Well, the fact that they are scrapping the mens Flyweight division while keeping a WMMA division with 2 fighters in it speaks volumes.

WME = Worst Management Ever

I mean for real. If they can get rid of a deep talent rich Flyweight division, I think they can get rid of a division that doesn't even have enough fighters to have rankings on UFC website.

If Nunes wins, I think there is no reason to keep that division going. Easy explanation, there just aren't enough fighters.

Thoughts?

They won't give up on Cyborg....just yet.

Too known in WMMA

Pretty sure that the women featherweight fights had much better ratings, on average, than the male flyweights. This is all that matters to the UFC.

Pretty sure that the women featherweight fights had much better ratings, on average, than the male flyweights. This is all that matters to the UFC.

What fights? There was what, 1 or 2 woman's featherweight fights this year?

Love how you said Woman’s and not Women’s in the title

cause it’s true

Well, the fact that they are scrapping the mens Flyweight division while keeping a WMMA division with 2 fighters in it speaks volumes.

WME = Worst Management Ever[/QUOTE

Cris Cyborg brings better numbers than the entire mens FLW division

Business results = king

Scrap the division and make Cyborg fight the men. <Eek2.0>

Yeah... the whole division is just Cyborg utterly pointless.
tenor.gif

They don't want to lose the best fighter in WMMA to Bellator.

The UFC created the title for Cyborg. But it was unnecessary.

The UFC should have done what Invicta did and just put Cyborg in showcase fights and make a bunch of money. If Dana didn't rip her at every chance, then all parties involved would have more money.

What fights? There was what, 1 or 2 woman's featherweight fights this year?

Who cares ? It's even much more cost efficient than having to support a whole division where even the top fights gets less ratings than Cyborg and Holm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back