Now that FLW is on the chopping block, is BW next?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Not saying BW divison is bad but I wonder if cutting the FLW division can affect other smaller divisons as well.

No way

BW is one of, if not the most stacked division

FLW was always shit

Yes LW should be the lowest weight class

Bantamweight is solid. The problem with Flyweight was the lack of stories... there was just mighty mouse and no surrounding cast.... Bantamweight has the long standing alpha male vs Cruz rivalry.. the alpha male civil war.. with TJ and Cody.. and so forth..the whole division gets sucked into that drama vortex that generates interest.

If only they had separate orgs for lower weight-classes and women to shine...

It would be idiotic to drop any high level fighters but keep WMMA, so yes it will probably happen.

Since LHW champ DC moved up and proved HW is useless they need to eliminate that division. Anyone who can't make 205 is too fat to be in the UFC.

I might be a minority, but the FLW division was one of my favourites.

In fact, I love watching the lighter divisions.
They can move and use techniques that most of the bigger guys don't show.
My ranking would go like this:
LW, BW, FLW, FW, WW, MW, HW, LHW

Yes, I'm a manlet, shut up :D

Yeah it’s interesting how much more fun BW is compared to FLW

maybe just that little extra bit of pop in guys’ punches elevates and purifies the action

Nah too much talent. One of the better divisions.

Can you not see the difference between a deep division and a shallow one? They aren't cutting flyweight just because they're "small", they're cutting them because the division has been on life support since 2014. When Chris Cariaso is the #1 contender, the division is dead. Bantamweight is going to snag the handful of decent 125ers and become even deeper and the rest will move on to a company that features them more. This is a good move for all

I dont think it is. 125 was created after the WEC merger and basically tailor made for DJ.

Can't think of anyone who would do well at fw, and they wouldn't risk losing guys like TJ, Cody, Dom.

I hated Flyweight and am glad it's gone.

Bantamweight is a different story, there's a lot of fighters and a lot of talent.

I hated Flyweight and am glad it's gone.

Bantamweight is a different story, there's a lot of fighters and a lot of talent.

Interesting opinion. Two of the current top 10 bantamweight fighters came up from flyweight. If both divisions were merged, at least half of the top 10 would be flyweight. The division isn't as weak as you think it is.

Back