Media Yoel Romero will not go to 205 unless he wins the MW belt

MMA_enthusiast

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Cliffs:
  • Says he looks good
  • Says he won't have any more troubles making weight
  • Says he is only 15 pounds heavier than the middleweight limit (so 200 lbs)
  • Say he has time for training
  • Says 205 is too big for him at the moment
  • Says he will move to 205 if he wins the MW belt (basically he wants to do another DC)
  • Dodges the question of if Robert whitaker remains champ he would he get another shot. Says he has respect for Everybody but he is gunning for Whitaker (lol whitaker gonna lose more limbs if he fights romero one more time)
  • Says he is staying on UFC ESPN card
  • Does not have opponent but is insisting for Anderson Silva to fight
  • Ariel says he luuvs him
  • Kisses the camera goodbye
  • Says SOLDIER OF GOD IS BACK

I love watching Yoel Romero, my favourite fighter of the past 5 years
2ZooKl2.gif

giphy.gif

See u soon BOI

3rd Round Bless

Last edited:
If he misses another weight cut, he may not have a choice.

After the second fight, whittaker was up and training after 6 weeks while romero had lasting facial injuries and was out for several months. A third fight between the two wouldnt be healthy for romero. Also steroids. Also cant make weight.

Than misses weight in his next fight.

"Yoel Romero will not go to 205 unless he wins the MW belt"

So I guess he's never going to 205?

I'm sure making his plans to ditch the title if he wins it and move up known will fast track him to another shot

Also steroids

Romero is the only athlete to submit a sample of tainted supplements and got himself exonerated from USADA until Barnett earlier this year. He is now suing that company. Jones submitted 14 samples and got nothing. He eventually entered a plea bargain instead (snitching).

whittaker was up and training after 6 weeks while romero had lasting facial injuries

Pretty sure whitaker broke his hand so i dont know what your talking about
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/06/xray-picture-champ-robert-whittaker-ufc-225-broken-hand

Don't besmirch the Soldier of God.

Last edited:
3 straight title fights and no title...

For both of their sakes, I hope a 3rd fight doesn't happen.

It's a near lock for FOTY. But, they were both down for months after the fight. I can only imagine the health problems that will come up if it happens again.

Romero is the only athlete to submit a sample of tainted supplements and got himself exonerated from USADA until Barnett earlier this year. He is now suing that company. Jones submitted 14 samples and got nothing. He eventually entered a plea bargain instead (snitching).

Pretty sure whitaker broke his hand so i dont know what your talking about
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/06/xray-picture-champ-robert-whittaker-ufc-225-broken-hand

Don't besmirch the Soldier of God.

Whittaker did break his hand and was training before yoel was

Yeah, old Yoel was out of action for months with a broken face afterwards. Losing yet again would be bad for his career.

Rob shattered his hand breaking Yoel's skull and still managed to be training-ready sooner.

Thanks for cliffs ts.
I can't wait to see him back in the cage. The more we see him the better;/if only he started younger.. The man is a freak!

This immediate titleshot in the next weightclass has gotten old really quickly but seeing him get smashed by Jones or DC would be good. The heck ever happened to just defending your title??

Back