Who do you think would’ve won an immediate rematch between GSP and Hendricks?

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If the immediate rematch happened in 2014, who would you have picked? I got Hendricks winning in round 2 via submission (strikes).

C21A9E61-B276-414D-A1C1-C064BBC2684C.jpeg 0F446058-503D-4A82-BF03-103AFCAA8F73.png

Hendricks retired GSP. Hendricks won the rematch by default.

BD0CED19-9A6E-4204-8D2A-3CB3B0B57E59.jpeg

For someone who doesn't like GSP, you sure create a lot of GSP threads.

GSP UD.

Honestly, probably Johny. GSP looked like he needed time off physically and mentally towards the end there.

Hendricks was robbed

I think GSP would have won a rematch tho

GSP always does better in the rematches.

I hate Hendricks but have to admit he should have won this fight and the Lawler rematch too. I'd pig out and get fat if I was robbed of those belts too.

Johny is a very underappreciated fighter, and cops way too much shit

His terrible showing in BKB (which has no drug testing) proves that it was never a USADA issue, but rather a lack of motivation + IV ban that killed his career

Hendricks clearly beat GSP, and Lawler in both fights

Honestly honestly I think GSP would have take it in another close fight but this time more clear for GSP, George is too smart and would probably analyze the first fight and come with a better game plan in the other I think Hendricks would have fought the same with the mentality "I won, I got robbed"

GSP had been talking about stepping away at the time so it shows he was not there fully. However with that said in the absolute best night of Hendricks career and probably one of the worst showings for GSP he still could not get the job done. Even without time off GSP would have won the rematch because he likely would have become obsessed with fixing his errors and come out and beat hendricks fairly clearly.

hendricks.gsp couldnt finish hendricks in the rm but hendricks probably would of.

Hendricks was robbed

I think GSP would have won a rematch tho
I agree, I was pulling for GSP but everyone I was watching the fight with let out a collective "What?" when Bruce called George's name.
tenor.gif
<Eek2.0>

GSP took time off while fighting... laying on top of and holding down opponents

Yeah guy had a heck of a decision streak there. Mentally he seemed to be having some issues...aliens and whatnot. Who knows.

id favor gsp to improve and have a better performance a second time

where as johny i feel like hit his ceiling performance wise that first fight. just wasnt enough. rematch he could try to finish gsp more but then it leaves him more vulnerable to counters and takedowns

Back