Thoughts on Miller vs Do Bronx 2

edisraw

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I just noticed this fight get made and I gotta say it's probably the most interesting fight Miller could've gotten and the most dangerous one (in theory) Oliveira could have gotten. I guess my questions are was Millers showing against Alex White a perennial low-mid level fighter just the final rally on a Millers dying career, or was he legit feeling the best he had in recent times. Also has Oliveira cleaned up the holes in his game when it comes to fighting people who use heavy BJJ like Miller, Lamas,and Edgar do?

Im a Miller fan just based by my Jersey blue collar roots but Im gonna go with Do Bronx in the 2nd by sub here, but what are y'all seeing happening?

I just noticed this fight get made and I gotta say it's probably the most interesting fight Miller could've gotten and the most dangerous one (in theory) Oliveira could have gotten. I guess my questions are was Millers showing against Alex White a perennial low-mid level fighter just the final rally on a Millers dying career, or was he legit feeling the best he had in recent times. Also has Oliveira cleaned up the holes in his game when it comes to fighting people who use heavy BJJ like Miller, Lamas,and Edgar do?

Im a Miller fan just based by my Jersey blue collar roots but Im gonna go with Do Bronx in the 2nd by sub here, but what are y'all seeing happening?

Both have fizzled.

Do Bronx has had a hard time with guys who put heavy pressure on him, especially if he can't sub them.

Miller isn't unsubbable but he is a black belt as I recall and he could win if he follows a game plan. Charles is a very very talented fighter but he can be broken, he will wilt and quit, but usually against bigger stronger guys who can push him around. Im not sure Miller is big or mean enough, but I could see him leg kicking the shit out of Oliveria and then beating him up once he has taken damage.

If Miller engages in grappling before Charles wilts he could definitely get subbed.

Interesting fight from two guys who are on the decline imho. I'd rather see this type of matchup than see these guys be cannon fodder and be fed to a younger hungry killer though.

(I know Olivera isn't that old but he has some city mile's on him and looked pretty bad in recent fights as I recall. Felder fucking demolished him.)

Last edited:
Both have fizzled.

Do Bronx has had a hard time with guys who put heavy pressure on him
Do Bronx is only like 28-29 I think, he has been on the wrong end of a few horrendous beatings Lamas, Edgar, and Cerrone all come to mind. I don't know if fizzle is the right word, but if he is stuck in his ways and not thinking of any other ways to sure up his game, I don't see him making it past fringe contender...at least he's always fun to watch.

Do Bronx is only like 28-29 I think, he has been on the wrong end of a few horrendous beatings Lamas, Edgar, and Cerrone all come to mind. I don't know if fizzle is the right word, but if he is stuck in his ways and not thinking of any other ways to sure up his game, I don't see him making it past fringe contender...at least he's always fun to watch.

I still think he has peaked. Insane amounts of talent and sick, slick BJJ but he can be made to quit and has taken a lot of damage in his losses.

28 or 29 sounds about right but he is a old 28 if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
I still think he has peaked. Insane amounts of talent and sick, slick BJJ but he can be made to quit and has taken a lot of damage in his losses.
28-29 sounds about right but he is a old 28 if you know what I mean.

Nah I totally get it, and most people stop improving past a certain skill level after 7-8 years of training and he's been in UFC for longer than that lol. I just can't help but see him as a prospect still, he's my Erik Silva.

Jim Miller is going to fold him. He has way more fighting spirit and has looked great since he learned to work with his Lyme disease.

Oliviera is the new crumble. He's out of there as soon as he feels any sort of adversity.

damn not a good matchup for Do Bronx ... but still winnable

not sure how I feel about this announcement at the moment

#neverforget #flopcity

Cub+Swanson+Knockouts+Charles+Oliveira+UFC+152.gif

Back