Can UFC create new stars anymore?

Andrei Orlovski

UFC black belt
@Silver
Reaction score
We've been stuck with Conor for few years, Ronda before that. Does UFC suck at promoting fighters these days or there no worthy fighters to turn into big stars?

Maybe, they just need someone with talent and a personality. Pre-Reebok it was a little easier to stand out from the crowd.

I’m sure they want Tuivasa to be something at HW.

Dense gas clouds? We got 'em

<31>

gotta love the ufc,

spend tons of money to promote Ngannou, he has one bad fight, and Dana just shits on him,

Dana of all people, says Francis has "ego problems", completely tears him down

now that's how you build a star.

ya ufc knows what they're doing,

BlindInvestmentImage.jpg

I don't recall the UFC creating a star since Chuck Liddell.

We've been stuck with Conor for few years, Ronda before that. Does UFC suck at promoting fighters these days or there no worthy fighters to turn into big stars?

khabib the biggest star in the ufc now so yes they can.

khabib the biggest star in the ufc now so yes they can.
Khabib took what Conor has and left him broken on the mat. I.e. Khabib kinda made himself.

I actually think the UFC doesn't reaaaaally like too many stars. Gotta keep payroll down.

Who did they create that didn't make themselves stars with their mouth and skill?

If you say Conor or Ronda, you obviously weren't paying attention.
OK well that eliminates every star that the UFC has ever had then
All stars have the skills and charisma, UFC gives them the platform and promotion to shine

Khabib took what Conor has and left him broken on the mat. I.e. Khabib kinda made himself.

I actually think the UFC doesn't reaaaaally like too many stars. Gotta keep payroll down.

the payroll isn't that much really.

Same thing is said every few years. Prior to Conor it was said. Stuff happens in cycles...

Just waiting for the next big mouth to come along...Preferably a big mouth that has the ethnicity to support the UFC agenda..

OK well that eliminates every star that the UFC has ever had then
All stars have the skills and charisma, UFC gives them the platform and promotion to shine
So the UFC made everyone then.....That's wrong but sure..

They can't promote for shit. The UFC showed that without the fighter doing the work, they can't promote shit.

If they could, DJ and Aldo would have been superstars instead of afterthoughts

When did they ever create stars more often than they do right now?

Guys like GSP, Liddell, Silva were big stars because MMA is a new sport and they were the first of their kind. Bring exactly similar fighters to the MMA scene right now and they wouldn't be superstars

Back