The 5 rounds of 5 mins rule should be changed - Tired of fights going to the scorecards

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
The 3 rounds of 5 minutes is okay but the championship 5 rounds out of 5 mintues should be changed. Where the last round is 10 minutes instead of just 5.

Not 25 minutes anymore but 30 minutes of 5 rounds where the last round is 10-minutes long.

This will be much more exciting and you will see fighters digging deep and things going to the egde

The last round would look like a slow motion Tour de France.

RqQF6BzaGgyXe.gif

1 RD , no Time limit

1 Time out per fighter

May the best Man win

The last round would look like a slow motion Tour de France.

Exactly ''Tour de France'' I love seeing where people are made to dig deep. This is also how you earn much more respect automatically.

I find this all 5 rounds of 5 mins to be light and some fighters can coaat to the finish line without digging deep

This mod has to be NSAC shill or something. I'm baffled! We can't discuss rule change around here without getting wastelanded

Exactly ''Tour de France'' I love seeing where people are made to dig deep. This is also how you earn much more respect automatically.

I find this all 5 rounds of 5 mins to be light and some fighters can coaat to the finish line without digging deep

The good fighters would pace themselves.

Everyone else would gas out and look terrible, doing nothing but try and stay alive.

Anytime I see someone advocating for longer rounds, I really think they haven' seen a fight that had longer rounds.

There's plenty of UFC and Pride FC fights that had 10 minute rounds. Go watch em... They're not good.

The good fighters would pace themselves.

Everyone else would gas out and look terrible, doing nothing but try and stay alive.

Whoever can succeed in such terrain will be rightfully Champion

Extend the 3rd round to 10 minutes in a 5rd title fight. that'll put cardio to the test.

Anytime I see someone advocating for longer rounds, I really think they haven' seen a fight that had longer rounds.

There's plenty of UFC and Pride FC fights that had 10 minute rounds. Go watch em... They're not good.
I would agree. If there was to be a change I would call for 5 three min rounds and championship fights 9 three min rounds. Fighters would be forced to press the action more both standing and on the ground and would get less fatigued.

I would call for 5 three min rounds and championship fights 9 three min rounds.

I'd be happy with a compromise of a 4 minute round x 3 rounds for non-title fights, and 4 minutes round x 5 rounds for title fights.

Only problem with 9 rounds at 3 minutes each, is that's 27 minutes, and I think the Unified Rules limits the fight to a grand total of 25 minutes. That means that they would go with 7 rounds instead. Personally I think most fighters can handle five minute rounds pretty well, with two general exceptions - Heavyweights, and cards at high elevation (Denver, Mexico City, ect.) The fact that they put the Heavyweight belt on the line in Mexico City is easily one of the dumber things I've seen. Same thing with having a title fight in Dubai, where it was apparently blazing hot in the arena.

I think the main advantage of having 4 minute rounds over 5 minute rounds, is the fighters will have more energy, especially in title fights, with Heavys, and when at high altitude. And I think the main advantage of 4 minutes rounds over 3 minute rounds, is there is less down time (break time between rounds.)

Another HUGE advantage of 4 minute rounds is that a most fights will be a max of 12 minutes. And remember how I said the Unified Rules limit a fighter's activity in a night to 25 minutes? Well a fighter could have two non-title fights (2 fights at a max of 12 minutes each = 24 minutes) in a single night. This would mean mini-tournaments could be held on occasion.

Overall I don't think they need major changes to the round times, it just would be nice in some ways. I think a lot of wrestlers and BJJ guys would balk at the notion of 3 minute rounds, and I can't blame them. It's a 40% reduction in time for them to work in any given round.

I've spent too much time thinking on this obviously. The UFC isn't going to change shit to their cookie cutter product.

200w.gif

I would agree. If there was to be a change I would call for 5 three min rounds and championship fights 9 three min rounds. Fighters would be forced to press the action more both standing and on the ground and would get less fatigued.

I like this. Cuts would get dealt with better, and nobody can coast through round 3 if they are up two rounds.

Back