Are MMA champs ruining the reputation of MMA by accepting boxing moneyfights they know they'll lose?

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Basically, a little kid watching a retired pro boxer (Mayweather) destroy a reigning MMA champ (McGregor, Nurmagomedov) might reach a wrong conclusion that boxing is somehow better and more badass than MMA. When in fact everyone knows MMA > boxing in a real fight scenario (NHB, street).

{<redford}

Conor actually thought he was going to knock Floyd out.

giphy.gif

Mma has a reputation?
Thought it was human cockfighting.

The people that use those fights as proof of Boxing > MMA already had that preconception, so it won't actually affect MMA's reputation much.

Are boxing champs ruining the reputation of boxing by calling out MMA fighters because they have a bigger following?

Last edited:
"Now you're a big deal in the UFC, go make a fool of yourself boxing."

These fights are obviously making both sports look stupid as fuck.

I thought Conor did well enough to actually help MMA

A lot of boxing fans would shit on MMA, saying any pro boxer would immediately knock them all out because they can't strike. I think Conor did well enough to show that a good MMA striker is a damn good striker.

I mean there is been one so far, it's not like there is a trend of such fights happening. The Conor-Floyd fight I am sure helped MMA more than it harmed because of the extra expsoure.

No. Ufc champs are making the sport look bad by rarely defending their titles

If anything, MMA fighters should be calling for boxers to step in the octagon so that they can show everyone that boxing is a limited sport and that their craft is the superior one.

I don't care about MMA's reputation but I hate that it's holding up the division and turns champions into money grubbers.

I think most people understand that different people are better at different sports. Its like did Michael Jordan playing baseball make basketball look bad?

I think mma guys have more balls is what it really shows. You don't see any high level boxers calling out high level mma guys under mma rules. Conor told Floyd that the fight was under a specific set of rules to save his life. Floyd didn't have a comeback because he knows Conor was right. Floyd knows that in a real fight against Conor, he's got much less of a chance than Conor had in a boxing match against him.

No. The talk from everyone after the MayMac fight was that Mac would beat him up in a "real fight" This does nothing but entertain some people

It makes Boxing look bad if they accept fights against a guy with no pro record. How that even got sanctioned is beyond me

Just a quick reminder that many people on this site argued strongly and passionately that McGregor would beat Floyd

If you are one of those people and you're reading this now never forget that you are a grade A chump

Conor surprise Floyd in that boxing match and if Conor did not gas out in 3 round it would not go that easy win to Floyd

Back