Simply claiming you're humble in defeat doesn't make it so

flowoftruth

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
2ksav0.jpg

And how do you go round by round in a fight where you got finished?

It's kind of like where you say something and the clueless masses repeat so often that it becomes accepted as truth. Very common in politics.

Him saying he "won the fight" of the first round is laughable

Khabib shot after 15 seconds then you spent the round on your back and got outstruck

Now that he is alone and has time to reflect on that night Conor is feeling bitter. He needs every bit of excuse that he can make in order to think he can win a (dumb ass) rematch.

Khabib shot after 15 seconds then you spent the round on your back and got outstruck
It’s not as laughable as you’re trying to make out.
Conor may have been taken down in the first round, but he wasn’t out-struck.

8AD9EBE4-3EFA-44F4-BE1A-229ABBF28449.png

What do you want him to do?

There is no "right" way to be humble dumb ass.

Sure there is, give credit to your opponent. The better more prepared fighter won on the night fair played..
He couldn't survive the distance in the cage with khabib, yet he's trying to spin things like he was running from him.

This makes me think of an awesome song by The lonely Island.

What's even more hilarious and fitting is the character he's playing is called Conner.

Considering how much they hate each other, what do you expect him to say?

Of course he's going to take jabs before and after. He said many times that this fight was different
He also says it’s only business.

<209Bitch><36>

Lol I like how he's making excuses. Khabib said exactly what he was going to do in the ring and Conor had no answer.

Fighters always claim that they make no excuses for a defeat. Their fans praise them for it.

A few weeks later, the fighters start making excuses. Their fans praise them for it.

Is normal.

Conor haters: Basically crying from desperation for Conor to pretend he's as big of a loser as they are.

Grow up losers. We all know you'll never have a competitive spirit, but you can at least not whine about it when others show it.

I can see how Conor "won the fight" of the first round. Yes, Khabib clearly won the round on the scorecards. But Conor actually did what he set out to do in that round. According to Kavanagh, they knew that Khabib would land takedowns in the first couple rounds, so the gameplan was to not waste energy fighting the takedown and to minimize damage from the bottom.

I'd say that Conor executed that strategy perfectly; he didn't take any damage and didn't gas himself out trying to get up. Whether or not it was a good strategy is up for debate. But things were looking pretty good for him after the first. It was the big right hand in the second that really changed the dynamic of the fight.

Back