How Conor "Won the Battle" with Khabib

mudrubble

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
In the pre-fight hype, Khabib called Conor out for giving his neck and quitting instead of fighting when he's tired and he specifically said that when Conor did that to him he would not submit him but keep punishing him. Then Conor gave him his neck and got Khabib to grab it and forget all about punishing him! Genius move, in my opinion. Once again, Conor walks out without a scratch by dictating exactly when the contest is over, on his own terms, once again. He's really a genius at this stuff.

Was anyone else shocked when Khabib went for the bait?

I also think that's partly why Khabib was so fired up after the fight. He realized it was over and he didn't inflict that punishment he so long planned for and savoured. It was a surprising turn of events to me when it happened. I even said "Khabib ain't going for your neck, buddy" and no sooner than I said it than Khabib was following Conor's lead and grabbing that neck, despite himself.

So even in defeat I think Conor once again showed his marked ability to lead his opponent into what he wants them to do. And Khabib failed to make good on his promise to smesh Conor so badly he would be humble and rearrange his face. And he could have. Conor was done at that point. Khabib could have easily rearranged his whole world under him at that point.

But Conor's mental projection game is super solid. Kudos, Conor. You lost but you didn't get physically destroyed like I expected.

Sure why not. Guess that's why Conor's going on about "winning the battle".

If you lose the way you want, then you really won.

I guess that's why he won the battle.

<seedat>

Which pic of Conor were you touching when you typed that?

what a garbage post. a real man would rather get chocked out cold than tap. hate jones all you want but hed rather have his arm torn off than tap.

Based on the first 2 responses, I'm changing the thread title. Thanks!

what a garbage post. a real man would rather get chocked out cold than tap. hate jones all you want but hed rather have his arm torn off than tap.
I'm not saying Conor is a real man. You misunderstand my post. It's about Khabib forgetting to punish him when that was what he went in to do. Instead he submitted him.

My point is not that Conor is a real man. It's that Khabib had every opportunity to destroy the man's face and he allowed Conor to trick him into submitting him instead.

Damn bro, keeping the troll alive even in the replies. Kudos.
Def happy for Khabib. I just really wanted to see him spend another round and a half beating Conor to the edge of consciousness to where Conor couldn't come back and STILL be talking this bullshit....

"There's no such thing as a moral victory." - Every football coach, ever.

Soooo him getting choked out because Khabib said he wouldn't choke him out is "winning the battle"....?
<{MindBrown}>

I disagree. Khabib went for the finish from the moment he got the takedown in Round 4. He also went for a Kimura on Round 2.

In my opinion, Khabib's initial intention was to punish Conor and "change his face", as you say. But once he saw Conor was cheating all the time and getting away with it, he took the cautious/smart aproach and looked for a finish. I also think the constant cheating (along with Dillon Danis screaming at him from the side) is what got him progressively more frustrated and angry.

Put yourself in Khabib's shoes for a second. You get the first takedown on Round 1 and then this happens:

15394562981383880.gif

12-6 elbows (foul) to the back of the head (foul) while grabbing Khabib's pants (foul). Three fouls at the same time and the referee is playing along with it. I believe this was the big WTF moment where Khabib realized that he got himself into a match that was rigged against him. That's why he chose to end the fight quickly and tried to go for a sub as early as Round 2.

I'm not saying Conor is a real man. You misunderstand my post. It's about Khabib forgetting to punish him when that was what he went in to do. Instead he submitted him.

My point is not that Conor is a real man. It's that Khabib had every opportunity to destroy the man's face and he allowed Conor to trick him into submitting him instead.

ok got it. still i wouldnt congratulate conor too much on this.

Was this worth your time and effort?

In the pre-fight hype, Khabib called Conor out for giving his neck and quitting instead of fighting when he's tired and he specifically said that when Conor did that to him he would not submit him but keep punishing him. Then Conor gave him his neck and got Khabib to grab it and forget all about punishing him! Genius move, in my opinion. Once again, Conor walks out without a scratch by dictating exactly when the contest is over, on his own terms, once again. He's really a genius at this stuff.

Was anyone else shocked when Khabib went for the bait?

I also think that's partly why Khabib was so fired up after the fight. He realized it was over and he didn't inflict that punishment he so long planned for and savoured. It was a surprising turn of events to me when it happened. I even said "Khabib ain't going for your neck, buddy" and no sooner than I said it than Khabib was following Conor's lead and grabbing that neck, despite himself.

So even in defeat I think Conor once again showed his marked ability to lead his opponent into what he wants them to do. And Khabib failed to make good on his promise to smesh Conor so badly he would be humble and rearrange his face. And he could have. Conor was done at that point. Khabib could have easily rearranged his whole world under him at that point.

But Conor's mental projection game is super solid. Kudos, Conor. You lost but you didn't get physically destroyed like I expected.
LOL
the excuses conor nuthuggers are trying to project are amazing.
Kudos to you, my ignorant friend!
A pity those darn Gracie boys killed yout thunder when they noted that Khabib not only did submit Conor, but he made it so painful there was no way out and little doubt Conor would tap.

but keep on making those excuses. That is what makes this affair a must-read.

Back