Rate the Chin.

Who has better Chin?

• Total voters

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Considering their respective divisions who has better chin. Is it Luke Rockhold or Andrei Arlovski?

giphy.gif

Arlovski ate absolute bombs off Rumble as if they were doughnuts

You should say "rate the chin in the scale from 1 to Ellenberger"

"Chin science" is to undeveloped to really know but Arlovski has been ko'd a lot more.

I feel like Arlovskis chin has rejuvenate some how. Luke's ability to absorb punishment has always been suspect. That's been the one knock on him, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Werdum slap is probably more powerful than a pillow fist from Bisping.

arlovskispanked.gif

Arlovski has the weirdest chin ever lol, he seems to go through periods of having a glass chin, and then goes through periods of having a epic chin.

He went through a stage of getting knocked out by being clipped with sloppy punches, he was done. then he went through a stage of taking huge shots and getting his flush and he ate it like it was nothing lol. So strange I swear. And it always went in a pattern, 4 fights glass chin, then next 4 fights epic chin.

With both its more issues of defence, Arlovski often gets caught either backing up or pushing forward too aggressively, Rockhold just has too much confidence in his boxing defence when its only average at best.

JDS is actually quite similar to Alorvski in terms of how he gets caught but has a very high level chin.

Also, this thread title threw me off. I was 100% ready to make fun of Urijah Faber.

Arlovski has the weirdest chin ever lol, he seems to go through periods of having a glass chin, and then goes through periods of having a epic chin.

He went through a stage of getting knocked out by being clipped with sloppy punches, he was done. then he went through a stage of taking huge shots and getting his flush and he ate it like it was nothing lol. So strange I swear. And it always went in a pattern, 4 fights glass chin, then next 4 fights epic chin.

Arlovski basically shows you the difference between taking shots you see coming with a stable base and taking shots off balance, the Sergei fight for example he takes a massive uppercut and stays standing but gets dropped when he's caught off balance moving backwards.

I'm going with Arlovski because he's never been put out by a pillow-fist like Bisping.

He's a Pit-bull, of course he has a better chin!

Arlovski basically shows you the difference between taking shots you see coming with a stable base and taking shots off balance, the Sergei fight for example he takes a massive uppercut and stays standing but gets dropped when he's caught off balance moving backwards.

I would add as well that this shows you that more recent Arlovski having what seems to be a better chin isn't really a positive(well maybe for his long term health but not his success). Loses like Fedor and Sylvia were really the product of aggression and the second UFC run Arlovski just doesn't have that aggression anymore and is the worse for it.

Ideally he'd be aggressive and have higher fight IQ but losing the aggression altogether makes him a far less dangerous fighter.

Arlovski's chin actually got better with time which is a complete clusterfuck.

Back