Bendo vs Khabib would be great stylistic fight

hasar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Benson's grappling and strength conditioning would be good enough to negate Khabib's wrestling. He might be only guy that could force Khabib stand and trade. Benson lacks KO power but still one of the best all around LW in the world. Wish Henderson was still in UFC and fight with Khabib.

He would get killed by Khabib specially today

just glanced at his record 8 losses 5 of them not even in the ufc sheeeeesh

Benson's grappling and strength conditioning would be good enough to negate Khabib's wrestling. He might be only guy that could force Khabib stand and trade. Benson lacks KO power but still one of the best all around LW in the world. Wish Henderson was still in UFC and fight with Khabib.

Even in his relatively good days, Josh Thomson has been able to outgrapple him for 3 rounds out of 5.
With a broken hand.

Khabib would ragdoll him in any state of his

No it would not.

Benson fan too btw.

Back when Khabib was green, he would have had serious issues with all of the top lightweights at the time - Bendo, Melendez, Edgar, Pettis, Cerrone, Ferguson. It’s a shame injuries kept him away from the top in this era.

People forget how good Benson used to be when WEC first came over - he absolutely humiliated Nate Diaz...

That said Khabib is better now than Benson ever was then, and now it wouldn't even be competitive.

Last edited:

Benson got submitted by Pettis. He doesnt have the level of strength and grappling to be a threat for Khabib in these disciplines. Benson, even in his prime, is no match for Khabib, nowadays when he is out of his prime he basically doesnt have a chance at all, except for a 1% puncher's chance, because anyone can be knocked out. Khabib is on a different level.

People forget how good Benson used to be when WEC first came over - he absolutely humiliated Nate Diaz...

That said Khabib is better now than Benson was then, and now it wouldn't even be competitive.

Even in his prime Bendo is no match to be honest.

I was thinking, Ben Henderson might be the only guy who could get out of that submission.

You might be remembering Henderson from 2013. Henderson is 5 -5 in his last 10 fights and is not close to the best LW in the world. His most recent two wins came against fighters with 21 loses between them.

He has not had a top 10 win since 2015, a split decision against Masvidal. He is not ranked in the top 25 of any rankings.
upload_2018-10-23_8-8-12.png

I like Bendo. Prime Bendo would've been great. I think he'd be thrashed at this stage.

You might be remembering Henderson from 2013. Henderson is 5 -5 in his last 10 fights and is not close to the best LW in the world. His most recent two wins came against fighters with 21 loses between them.

He has not had a top 10 win since 2015, a split decision against Masvidal. He is not ranked in the top 25 of any rankings.
View attachment 458605
Some context here, though:

> 2 losses were somehow controversial (Split Dec. vs Chandler & Freire),
> 1 was a legit loss vs a huge elite WW (Koreshkov),
> 1 legit loss vs elite LW (RDA),
> 1 controversial dec. loss vs Cerrone (whom I consider a WW) > many people @ cageside had Bendo winning...

Bendo would have a serious problem on the ground, in the transitions/scrambles... Bendo´s BJJ has always been problematic, imo...

Bendo is a bit out of his prime from what I lately saw

Some context here, though:

> 2 losses were somehow controversial (Split Dec. vs Chandler & Freire),
> 1 was a legit loss vs a huge elite WW (Koreshkov),
> 1 legit loss vs elite LW (RDA),
> 1 controversial dec. loss vs Cerrone (whom I consider a WW) > many people @ cageside had Bendo winning...

This is a fair breakdown, I don't agree with everything. But he's a better fighter than a 5 - 5 in 10 fights might suggest.... He definitely "won" the fight with Cerrone IMO. The RDA KO was unfortunate.

But his losses in Bellator have been fair and square. And they were not great performances imo.

Back