Cormier says that if he loses at 230 he won't let them strip his LHW belt

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
“If I lose to Derrick, then who is to say I don’t go, ‘Hey, I’m gonna go defend my light heavyweight title. Now you can’t take it,’” Cormier told the combat sports media (via MMA Fighting). “Maybe that adds a whole other part to the equation. You can’t take both of my belts if I lost that one. Right? So do I really have that much to lose if I have a second one? Look at it like that.”

“I am the light heavyweight champion until [Jones and Gustafsson] fight,” Cormier said. “So if the light heavyweight champion loses his heavyweight title and goes, ‘Wait I’m willing to defend my belt,’ now we have some conversations to have.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/10/22...-title-upend-jones-gustafsson-rematch-ufc-232

Smart move.

I'd love to see Lewis win... Did his thing and pretend he's tired like he always does and then when they're really fooled he KOs them.

Genius tactic.

tumblr_p25vf0uCcM1qkmus5o1_400.gif

I don't know. Dana is undefeated when stripping the belt... Guess it will depend on how much money he can make off of him defending it...

If he loses to Lewis, he should retain the LHW irrespective of the fight between Gus and Jon.

If history has proven anything, it is that many decisions are up to the fighters in the ufc, and Dayna will always be fair, principled, and always do the fair and right thing.

1) He can't stop them
2) Belts don't matter, if he fights Jon again no one will GAF if it's for a belt or not
3) He won't lose anyway

If Jones wins they are going to want to make Jones vs DC 3 oddly enough. One of the few trilogies I'm interested in even though one lost twice already. DC looked good before getting KO'd

I mean, even if they strip him and give the jones the belt, they’d give him a rematch anyways, it would be a good seller

Thats not how it works lol by the time Jones vs Gus 2 happens it would be almost 1 year since DC defended the LHW title. He should have been stripped of that title as soon as he won the HW belt, it was obvious that he was never going to defend 2 titles simultaneously

What if he loses and gets coma'd? Or seriously concussed into a 1 year suspension? They'll strip him if he loses because thats the only two outcomes I see him losing this fight.

Sometimes I think that another kick to his head will make him crazy forever. When I read this and see that doesn't make sense at all, maybe it is time to Cormier relax his belly once and for all.

He has two belts and is in a dilemma..

I have two debts and in a habit... but nobody gives a fuck... and neither do i

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back