Why didnt Ryan Couture make it?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He is son of Randy Couture and fought in the UFC but he fizzled out. Its weird because I read in Mathew Polly's book on MMA and him training with Coutures and that Ryan Couture was kicking ass and unlike Randy, he had crazy good MMA kickboxing.

Mathew Polly in his book was saying that he was going to be the future and he had the conditioning and conducted himself with class during training working with others and didn't slack off and always consistent.

I am curios to know why he didn't make it big in MMA? I get sons of fighters often times are not like their fathers but Ryan by what was said and told seemed like a better version of Randy.

He couldnt mentally cut it in the beginning cause UFC black balled his dad and wouldnt allow him to be in his corner

His dad fucked over Dana and his son simultaneously by joining Bellator while Ryan was making the UFC/Strikeforce turnover... Basically got him blackballed - also his dad wasn't allowed into the arena to corner him.

He was young... Probably got to him.

Also he didnt have the steroids his dad did.

Last edited:
His tummy has PTSD

20140914045444_827Q7070.JPG

Randy had a very high level mental game, and received incredible opportunities, some earned more than others.

Ryan came into the sport at a MUCH more competitive time.

His tummy has PTSD

20140914045444_827Q7070.JPG

That is not a picture of a winner.

That's a kid who got the job because of his dad suddenly in a real work situation for the first time under scrutiny... Only his is in a cage vs a professional fighter... Without the roids his dad had.

<{Heymansnicker}>

That's a kid who got the job because of his dad suddenly in a real work situation for the first time under scrutiny... Only his is in a cage vs a professional fighter.

<{Heymansnicker}>
lol

sorta looks like he might cry, like Duane
20150826070740_IMG_9669.JPG

they’d bōf kick my ass, obv; not hating

Give him a few years. He will start to crush it when he gets the horseshoe.

He is son of Randy Couture and fought in the UFC but he fizzled out. Its weird because I read in Mathew Polly's book on MMA and him training with Coutures and that Ryan Couture was kicking ass and unlike Randy, he had crazy good MMA kickboxing.

There are a ton of guys who are legitimately great in the gym, but something just stops them in the cage. Mike Pyle was like that.

Ryan was hurt more than helped by Randy, at least as far as making it in the UFC. Not because of anything bad about Randy, just Dana *hated* him at the time.

lol

sorta looks like he might cry, like Duane
20150826070740_IMG_9669.JPG
Hahaha! Always!

duane-ludwig.jpg

Even when he smiles his eyes look like a guy who knows his wife is fucking the pool boy while he's at work but loves her too much to kick her out...

001_Duane_Ludwig.0.0.jpeg

I think a big part might be that he got rushed by virtue of being Randy's son.

Guy debuted in SF and then went to the UFC, not exactly the best path for a very raw rookie.

There are a ton of guys who are legitimately great in the gym, but something just stops them in the cage. Mike Pyle was like that.

Ryan was hurt more than helped by Randy, at least as far as making it in the UFC. Not because of anything bad about Randy, just Dana *hated* him at the time.

But Dana mentioned that he has ZERO beef with Ryan and that he should feel welcomed when at a UFC event.

I have seen him fight a couple times and he just doesn't seem to have a killer instinct.

Honestly, Just wasn't that good

He had a decent guard and passable kickboxing but not a ton of athleticism and no elite skills

That's a kid who got the job because of his dad suddenly in a real work situation for the first time under scrutiny... Only his is in a cage vs a professional fighter... Without the roids his dad had.

<{Heymansnicker}>

I think it is more likely that he didn't get his dad's full genetic makeup. He probably overperformed relative to his athleticism because he had access to better training due to his Dad.

Mathew Polly in his book was saying that he was going to be the future and he had the conditioning and conducted himself with class during training working with others and didn't slack off and always consistent.

I am curios to know why he didn't make it big in MMA? I get sons of fighters often times are not like their fathers but Ryan by what was said and told seemed like a better version of Randy.

he was about 75 pounds less than randy.

not all sons of dads are as good as there dads were.

Back