Aldo vs Ortega?

Frankie Baby!

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
A great fight for the 145 division, but I don't think that fight would be close. I think Aldo absolutley destroys Ortega with his fast and explosive striking, and as we all know, Ortega gets hit a lot, and getting hit clean by Aldo is bad.

In the grappling, I think Aldo easily avoids his BJJ with his God-like Grappling defense.

How do you think that fight would go?

aldo beats him by decision

T city kills Aldo at this point in his career.

Aldo is still a bad match up for almost everyone at 145, Ortega included. Especially concerning how much Ortega gets hit in the early rounds, when Aldo is at his best. Would love to see the fight, anyway.

Aldo UD. City seems to have that Mexican iron chin.

Not sure how todays Aldo would fair against Ortega but I doubt he’s the replacement.

I don't think so. After seeing the Jeremy Stephens fight, I think Aldo is pretty much his old self.

Time will tell I suppose :p

Jeremey Stephens is a good fighter ... but tends to loose majority of his big fights against champion caliber guys..

Etc Frankie, Max, and a ton more of elite fighters.

A great fight for the 145 division, but I don't think that fight would be close. I think Aldo absolutley destroys Ortega with his fast and explosive striking, and as we all know, Ortega gets hit a lot, and getting hit clean by Aldo is bad.

In the grappling, I think Aldo easily avoids his BJJ with his God-like Grappling defense.

How do you think that fight would go?
You are correct. Aldo savages him.

Aldo whoops Claudia's new boyfriend over 5 rounds.

Aldo kills him by taking a DeLorean back to 2010 and swapping places with the Jose Aldo that could actually finish a game opponent...

Aldo probably takes it. Ortega has been losing many of his fights before winning. Can't see Aldo getting subbed late after winning rounds.

Aldo kills him by taking a DeLorean back to 2010 and swapping places with the Jose Aldo that could actually finish a game opponent...

Aldo kills him by crushing him with Bill and Ted's phone booth.

Mike Goldberg comes out after and shouts "It's all over".

ortega has better chin now and probably bullys him

If Aldo doesn't gas out, he wins easily. Ortega will never take him down and Aldo is light-years better on foot.

I favor Aldo but could see Brian wearing on him in a 5 round fight.

Ortega's pressure is overlooked.

Aldo....

If they do fight, I hope Aldo doesn't forget to sneak in those killer body shots...

Like Ortega, Stephens was very durable. Aim for the liver.

ortega would beat aldo soundly.

not as easily as he beat frankie. but it wouldnt be a competitive fight just like the frankie fight.

Back