Anderson Silva agrees to fight Conor McGregor at 180lbs catchweight

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 512089

Sorry if already been posted couldn't find it

“I just waiting,” Silva told TMZ. “I accept the challenge for Conor.

“I think Dana needs to think about this. It’s two big guys in this sport, two big names. Two big legends, and, why not?”

“It’s not about money, Conor. It’s about martial arts challenge.”

“I think 180 [pounds] for me is good”, “I think for Conor, too. Because that’s a superfight. It’s not about weight class.”

“I don’t believe Conor win [against Khabib],” Silva said. “Definitely not. In a rematch, I don’t believe that. I believe in, Conor need to fight with me. That’s a good fight.”

My two cents: funny that he always refused to cut even 1 pound away from 185 to fight GSP but now he's ready to cut to 180 for the McGregor paycheck and dares to say "it's not about money". I've lost so much respect for Silva in the last 3 years with the Peds fiasco and now this. He's making a joke of himself.

Money, money, money, money!
Everybody's got a price....

He didn't agree to anything officially. Click bait title imo.

1 day off Sherdog and I'm out of the loop already. Silva fighting Conor? What the fuck, why is this even a thing?

<{vega}>

1 day off Sherdog and I'm out of the loop already. Silva fighting Conor? What the fuck, why is this even a thing?

<{vega}>
No, it’s not. Silva is trolling as usual. The fight doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

It's a shit show, but I have no shame. I'd watch it.

<Fedor23>

<{vega}>
Conor said in an interview with Ariel Helwani a week or two ago that he fancied a fight against Anderson Silva.
So that's where this whole Conor vs Anderson Silva thing started.

But yeah.... the weight difference?!?! Silva has only fought at 185 and 205 and Conor has only fought Nate Diaz at 170lbs and that was basically two Lightweight's fighting without any weight-cut. (or a little bit...not much).

Anderson Silva basically trying to cash out at the end of his career. All a bit silly in my view.

Yeah, bullshit idea. Conor has no business fighting at 180. He could hardly beat Nate at 170, FFS.

“I think Dana needs to think about this. It’s two big guys in this sport, two big names. Two big legends, and, why not?”

“I think 180 [pounds] for me is good”, “I think for Conor, too. Because that’s a superfight. It’s not about weight class.”

“I don’t believe Conor win [against Khabib],” Silva said. “Definitely not. In a rematch, I don’t believe that. I believe in, Conor need to fight with me. That’s a good fight.”

My two cents: funny that he always refused to cut even 1 pound away from 185 to fight GSP but now he's ready to cut to 180 for the McGregor paycheck and dares to say "it's not about money". I've lost so much respect for Silva in the last 3 years with the Peds fiasco and now this. He's making a joke of himself.

490XK7x.gif

And lmao at 180 catch weight.

No, it’s not. Silva is trolling as usual. The fight doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.
Conor said in an interview with Ariel Helwani a week or two ago that he fancied a fight against Anderson Silva.
So that's where this whole Conor vs Anderson Silva thing started.

But yeah.... the weight difference?!?! Silva has only fought at 185 and 205 and Conor has only fought Nate Diaz at 170lbs and that was basically two Lightweight's fighting without any weight-cut. (or a little bit...not much).

Anderson Silva basically trying to cash out at the end of his career. All a bit silly in my view.
Thank you for clearing it up fellas.

(Should've read more than the thread title and this would've been clear as day.)

He refused to fight with GSP?
Or vise versa?

Considering that Conor allegedly cuts from the low 170s to make 155, he would basically be coming in overweight and out of shape to fight at 180.

Fight would resemble Bruce Lee vs. Kareem in 'Game of Death', due to the height and length difference.

It'd be a spectacle, and makes sense for an Anderson who is past relevance, but a waste of Conor's time and prime.

170 is one weight class difference so it should be there.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the weight difference and how stupid the talk about this fight is but I think he fought at 170 in Shooto as that was their MW limit and not 185 but that was a very long time ago.

Back