What about Conor McGregor fighting Max Holloway at 155?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Read all the way through there is more to it than just the title.
Max has already stated he wants to move up, whether Ortega beats him or not the cut is getting very hard for him, his words.

Maybe it would be wise to see the outcome of that Max/Ortega fight before they make any definitive plans for Conor since Max may move up regardless win or lose and its known Max wants that loss back from McGregor.

WHY MAX?

LETS FACE THE FACTS HERE. Conor needs a win. Conor McGregor vs Max Holloway 2 would be a very different fight today IMO. UFC knows Conor is coming off of 2 losses. Yes 1 in boxing against Floyd but still its two consecutive contests he was stopped in...Conors stock has NOT dropped YET in my opinion but a 3rd loss will be bad I feel. You can only trash talk so much until EVERYONE starts to see you're bark is becoming bigger than your bite.

McGregor needs a WIN and I think Conor vs Diaz 3 right now is risky,
Conor vs Anderson Silva is bouncing around now....I think that fight just seems unrealistic to me.
Conor moving up to fight Woodley, no, not off of a loss.
Lastly, Conor in a rematch with Khabib AND vs Tony Ferg is dangerous as well if not the most dangerous

The UFC will cash Conor out for the biggest quickest payday

That's just how they roll

Great fight. Never happen tho. Conor doesn't give rematches.

I just don't see Conor taking it after already having a win over max. But that is one rematch I'd love to see

I don't think Max ever fights again honestly. Had to pull out of the Edgar fight earlier in the year with an injury, then tried stepping up to fight Khabib and had to pull on medical advice and then had a severe concussion and had to pull against Ortega. If he does fight Ortega at the end of the year how good will he really be? His body has been damaged all year long.... that has to show something.

Conor's next fight will be the Nate Diaz trilogy fight. They talk Khabib rematch, but Conor would get beaten worse and Ferguson has won 11 in a row at 155. If Ferguson doesn't get the next title fight at 155, the UFC descends totally into BS dramafest rather than real sport.

If there is one person that lost to Conor that can even the score it would be Holloway, their fight was half a decade ago now? they have both evolved and it would be an interesting bout.

Good fight but would rather see fresh matchups like max vs gsp and gaethje vs conor.

I would love to see that fight. I hope that Conor does not wait too long to fight.

Read all the way through there is more to it than just the title.
Max has already stated he wants to move up, whether Ortega beats him or not the cut is getting very hard for him, his words.

Maybe it would be wise to see the outcome of that Max/Ortega fight before they make any definitive plans for Conor since Max may move up regardless win or lose and its known Max wants that loss back from McGregor.

WHY MAX?

LETS FACE THE FACTS HERE. Conor needs a win. Conor McGregor vs Max Holloway 2 would be a very different fight today IMO. UFC knows Conor is coming off of 2 losses. Yes 1 in boxing against Floyd but still its two consecutive contests he was stopped in...Conors stock has NOT dropped YET in my opinion but a 3rd loss will be bad I feel. You can only trash talk so much until EVERYONE starts to see you're bark is becoming bigger than your bite.

McGregor needs a WIN and I think Conor vs Diaz 3 right now is risky,
Conor vs Anderson Silva is bouncing around now....I think that fight just seems unrealistic to me.
Conor moving up to fight Woodley, no, not off of a loss.
Lastly, Conor in a rematch with Khabib AND vs Tony Ferg is dangerous as well if not the most dangerous

max wins easy

I like the fight and both fighters are naturally bigger anyways. Remember Vegas installed khabib as a pretty heavy favorite over Max so for people saying max beats Conor comfortably ....pump the breaks,- styles make fights and Conor would be favored and it wouldn't be a slight favorite (and I'd be rooting for max)

Max would light him up like the 4th of July and then choke Conor out as if he owed Max money

I don't want to see Conor rematch anybody he's beat and I really doubt he will do the same unless there is something in it for him like a belt, good money, you know what I'm talking about.

Holloway would be just as risky as Diaz or Poirier. All those rematches would be a toss up. If the UFC really wants to give Conor a win, they'll give Aldo his rematch.

Conor doesn't give rematches. He just wants them when he loses.

The UFC will cash Conor out for the biggest quickest payday

That's just how they roll
UFC would like to get a few paydays out of Connor. I think Aldo makes sense, at 155 or catch weight. Aldo deserved a rematch by virtue of his long run. He is diminished and Connor likely can win this. Then they can look at a top ranked guy who is a good fit for Connor, ie leaves himself open and not as likely to take him down. Gaethje may be a good option. Connor could avoid his shots and he can catch him. Two wins then he can move on to the khabib/tony winne He can't take another loss, his schtick requires him to win.

Back