Who are the toughest fighters you have seen in MMA in your time as fan?

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
As fight fan I have watched MMA for almost 10 years on and off and there is alot of tough guys in MMA but when it comes down to actual toughness for me I judge that for who can get hit hardest and keep going forward or these who can endure ridiculous amount of beatings or punishment and never get bothered by it.

Example: Bendo vs Nate Diaz because in that fight I realize how tough Nate is because he was fighting a way better fighter in Prime bendo who is arguable one of the best LWs ever and nightmare match-up for him. Bendo dished out a very hardcore punishment on Nate for 5 rounds but Nate was never bothered by it and he took it like a champ. 99% of fighters would have been finished from such one-sided fights where the punishment is severe.

I have seen Nick do the same pretty much. riding thru the punishment and pain like it was nothing and also very difficult to stop and nearly impossible to the point you have to kill him to stop him. They fight with tremendous heart. Nick Diaz is the honey badger of MMA because he can just take so much punishment and keep going.

In my opinion they are the toughest guys who have ever stepped inside the octagon by a large margin

Last edited:
Frank Camacho always acts like a punching bag who swings back. Same with Maldonado.

Also have to mention that Korean guy that fought Petr Yan.

Perosh getting massacred by Bader for three rounds was worst than any Diaz or Lawler five rounds fight, because he really had absolutely nothing for Ryan and couldn't even hope for any kind of hailmary finish.

Half the media scored it 30-24, one even went as low as 30-23. And it was before the new rules.

Ryan+Bader+Anthony+Perosh+UFC+Fight+Night+KIAWu2UjEl_l.jpg

I didn’t get to see many of them but anyone who competed in the old school tournaments are probably the toughest

Having to fight multiple times in one night is some epic badassery

Competition and skill level might not be as good as it is now but that’s gotta be one of the toughest things to do in sports

"Minotauro" Nogueira is the toughest fighter I have seen.

Sakuraba, Fujita, Fedor, Big Nog, Lawler, Hendo, Diaz brothers,...many others.

Currently, Tony Ferguson is incredibly tough.

In his time, Sakuraba.

As fight fan I have watched MMA for almost 10 years on and off and there is alot of tough guys in MMA but when it comes down to actual toughness for me I judge that for who can get hit hardest and keep going forward or these who can endure ridiculous amount of beatings or punishment and never get bothered by it.

Example: Bendo vs Nate Diaz because in that fight I realize how tough Nate is because he was fighting a way better fighter in Prime bendo who is arguable one of the best LWs and nightmare match-up for him. Bendo dished out a very hardcore beat down on Nate for 5 rounds but Nate was never bothered by it and he took it like a champ. 99% of fighters would have been finished from such one-sided fights where the punishment is severe.

I have seen Nick do the same pretty much. riding thru the punishment and pain like it was nothing and also very difficult to stop. They fight with tremendous heart. Nick Diaz is the honey badger of MMA because he can just take so much punishment and keep going.

In my opinion they are the toughest guys who have ever stepped inside the octagon by a large margin

I like your post :)

I agree, the Diaz brothers are both authentically tough individuals.
Nate, however, is a low-budget thug, and I think Nick is the overall more-talented sibling, who's faced better competition (Penn, GSP, Silva, Shamrock, etc.)

Nick Diaz beat Shamrock and Penn, and although he lost to GSP and Silva, both of these great champions were *happy* to get out of the ring with Nick Diaz, while Diaz was pissed the fight was over.

I think in a no-time-limit fight, no rules, Diaz would have killed GSP and Silva when the smoke cleared.

Nick Diaz does not get tired and does not get hurt.

So, while the superior athleticism of GSP and Silva enabled them to win (with rules and with a time limit), if there were no rules, and no time limit, Nick Diaz would've beat them both also. IMO

Chris Lytle...

54 bouts, many of the toughest WWs of his time and NEVER finished.

List includes:
Nick Diaz
Matt Brown
Dan Hardy
Matt Serra
Josh Koscheck
Thiago Alves
Matt Hughes
Karo Parysian
Robbie Lawler

To name a few.

No mention of Frankie fucking Edgar yet is a goddamn travesty.

Joe Son easily, got his nuts punched to death and removed from the sack. Also later went on to fight in a match where the outcome was Submission due to terror. facts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back