What happened to foot stomps ?

Milan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I have seen one in the UFC.
Granted, I only watch the main cards of the fight nights these days.. still...

Apparently u have been in a coma for better part of 2 decades. I would of thought u likely have many more questions than this.

Not the most effective move really. Waste of time when you can do other moves. You also potentially risk to lose your advantage of pressuring someone against the cage when you lift one foot up and leave only one leg to support you.

Foot stomps should be allowed on all fights involving Conor and wrestlers.

What happened to food stamps?
Foot stomps... ok.

Not the most effective move really. Waste of time when you can do other moves. You also potentially risk to lose your advantage of pressuring someone against the cage when you lift one foot up and leave only one leg to support you.

Works two ways, you can not not defend them, because they are disabling and annoying as fuck.

I have still seen them and recently.

Marco Ruas smiles.

What happened to stomping people in the nuts?

We haven't had a foot stomp attempt since the thumbtack incident in 93'.

Only way they happen is if you have your opponent stuck against the fence, but most guys try to work for takedowns or go for knees from that position.

You still see them from time to time, just not very often because they're really not that effective from what I've seen.

I would laugh out loud if I ever saw “KO due to foot stomps” on a fighters record.

Shogun was pro at that during his Pride days.

Pretty sure I've seen Woodley stomping his feet, just in tantrums, not fights.

I have still seen them and recently.

Marco Ruas smiles.
Remember the Paul Varelans vs Marco Ruas fight for the final?. That was the best foot stomps ever in MMA. Brutal foot stomps

Jeff Blatnik was like "The Polar Bear is melting, he's melting, doesn't know how to block the foot stomps and leg kicks".

Great fight in history.

Remember the Paul Varelans vs Marco Ruas fight for the final?. That was the best foot stomps ever in MMA. Brutal foot stomps

Jeff Blatnik was like "The Polar Bear is melting, he's melting, doesn't know how to block the foot stomps and leg kicks".

Great fight in history.

I’ll never forget that fight.

It played out like a Hollywood movie.

It was awesome to see a striker prevail in such a drawn out and technical fashion.

Gotta look it up and watch it now!

I’ll never forget that fight.

It played out like a Hollywood movie.

It was awesome to see a striker prevail in such a drawn out and technical fashion.

Gotta look it up and watch it now!
Yeah great fight, Ruas was so tough, I seriously thought he was gonna lose when Varelans had him in a standing guillotine choke and he was so strong he lifted Ruas off his feet with it, I was sure Ruas was gonna tap.

That was a damn good event UFC 7, I used to have it on old VHS. The superfight with Shamrock was really boring, but the actual tournament was really good and the fights were fun, and then the final of polar bear varelans and Ruas was epic

Random fun fact: Foot stomps were banned at UFC 97.

On February 12, 2009, reports surfaced that province regulators ("Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux", or RACJ) requested a set of rule changes that differ from the Unified Rules of MMA put the event at risk from taking place.[3] The proposed rule changes banned elbow and knee strikes, mandated a smaller cage, and would stop a fight when a fighter gets knocked down.[3][4] Before, the RACJ has followed the Unified Rules, but as laws differ by city, state, or province, a commission can insist on the usage of its own rules.[5]

On February 18, 2009, it was announced that UFC officials were able to convince the RACJ to reverse its stand and use the Unified Rules. As a concession, the UFC agreed to the banning of foot stomps for this event.[6]

What they wanted; no elbows, no knees, smaller cage, knockdowns to end fights.

What they got; no footstomps

<23>

Back