UFC should get rid of 170 lbs division and have every one separated by 10 lbs up to HW...

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think it would be smart to get rid of 170 and have 165, 175 and 195 added. Leave HW the same for the spectacle. That would be more like boxing, 125 - 205 and HW. Fighters could then move around more and it would allow for more super fights and fighters holding multiple titles at the same time.

Thoughts?

giphy.gif

I'm in providing the UFC creates a super-heavy weight division with no weight cap.

F that! 165 division is taking everything I've been workin for! I'm gonna bulk the f up to MW now!

There is already enough fuckery going on with the current belt defenses as is. God only knows what kind of ridiculous title shots would be happening if they added 2 more.

But that's just my opinion.

Sounds great but how many times could a champ defend his belt against #1 contenders when they hold two or possibly even three belts? 155-175 could end up having one champion. Seems like a recipe for much more hold-up on divisions.

The opposite. 3 divisions: small, medium and large. Up to 70kg, below 90kg and over 90kg. No weight cutting, a sport for warriors, not accountants

I dont like it. It will spread weight classes to thin. People would jump around to much.

If guys win multiple belts and can't defend than they can vacate if they can't defend one in enough time. Still give that allure and make for more super fights.

Agree with 155,165,175,185

Fck Franklin weight tho.

205 is already a fckng weak division.
No need to make it worse by adding 195.

Last edited:
Agree with 155,165,175,185

Fck Franklin weight tho.

205 is already a fck weak division.
No need to make it worse by adding 195.

I think after 175 we could have 15 pound gaps, moving MW from 185 to 190.

So 155, 165, 175, 190, 205.

That would allow guys like Romero who are slightly too big for 185 to make 190, whereas at 205 they are too small.

The only way that adding extra divisions would be good is if you made weigh ins the day of the fight - or some time very near the fight. so you don't have 15-20 pound weight cuts.
Change that as well - and im in.

There is already enough fuckery going on with the current belt defenses as is. God only knows what kind of ridiculous title shots would be happening if they added 2 more.

But that's just my opinion.

Also mine and most importantly, Dana White's (at least up until now).

They need to do something about the weight cutting because the fighters will always push as much as possible for any perceived advantage regardless of weight classes. Or its weight on the dot or 100% of their purse, no more of this 1 lb over.

Now can you please convert this to metric?

As not all of us are from the three backward countries in the world in which still use the metric system(US, Myamar and Liberia).

I think it would be smart to get rid of 170 and have 165, 175 and 195 added. Leave HW the same for the spectacle. That would be more like boxing, 125 - 205 and HW. Fighters could then move around more and it would allow for more super fights and fighters holding multiple titles at the same time.

Thoughts?

Weight classes are fine the way they are. Don't fix things that are not broken. This is MMA, not boxing.

But if you want to make the weight class like in boxing, they are as follows:

f4b4860a1bec4585ec6eee5ff6e665c7.jpg

Last edited:
I had suggested the same before but it must make too much sense since it isn't employed.

We all know how weird everything is in mma.

JC. We get those stupid threads 3-4 times a week now. Any idea involving more divisions is fucking retarded because of the talent pool.

Thoughts?
Divisions start losing depth at 185 lbs and up, adding divisions in between those particular weight classes would be horrendous.

Additionally, a 10 lb difference between 185 and 195 is not the same as a 10 lb difference between 125 and 135.

I wouldn't mind this though:

Scrap Flyweight, move Welterweight up 5 lbs, and add a 165 lb weight class.

Back