Serious Question - are there people who still believe Jon Jones didn't take PEDs?

nickdagger

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Just want to figure out what's going through your brain if so. How do you explain the multiple failed tests and the HUGE amount of suspicious circumstantial evidence surrounding him. Such as, but certainly not limited to:

-He had highly suspicious testosterone results his whole career
-He got a reduced sentence by snitching on steroid users/sellers... how did he know who these people were?
-His Brother was suspended from the NFL for PEDs - actually failed the same month as Jon!
-He had Teammates such as Frank Mir, who failed for the exact same Steroid
-His first failed defense offered VERY suspicious defense:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/11...ck-pills-also-bought-clomiphene-usada-ped-ban
-He second failure defense... nothing.
-There were rumors of Jones hiding under the ring from USADA for years, prior to his failed tests
-The fact that Jones has proven to be a liar, a fuckup, and an excuse maker who blames everyone but himself and is on his 7th(8th?) redemption tour at this point.
etc etc etc

Okay we can't ever know for sure... but holy shit if there's ever been a more obvious guilty dude that some people still defend, I've never seen it.

Notes for the thread:

Please no posts of the below types, as this is not what the thread about and just about any time this topic gets brought up I see a ton of unrelated posts such as:

1.)Who cares/I think everyone takes steroids.
2.)It doesn't matter to me, it's not why he won, he's the GOAT, etc

It's fine if you think either of the above - but this thread is ONLY to explore how the hell anyone can believe Jon Jones at this point.

The ONLY response I've ever seen to this is people repeating the WME/Jeff Novitzky talking point about it not making sense that Jon passed tests before and after the failure - I believe it was pointed out immediately that there were very obvious possible explanations for this including:

1.)The failure test was a urine test, the test he passed was a blood test which does not look for turinabol

“The prohibited anabolic steroid turinabol is only tested for in urine screens and not in blood tests”

2.)Jon was likely micro dosing

3.)Jon's failed test occurred on weigh day, when his body was drained of water - making the substances more likely to be detected

Rogan seems to have convinced himself

I dont really care at this point

But if he pops again, throw the book at him.

Jones was too busy fucking everything else up to take PEDs

he only ever failed two tests for banned substance - one was for estrogen blockers (not a steroid) and the second was for trace amounts of an oral steroid.

nobody is denying that jones got flagged for that

but jones never took steroids knowingly and USADA has cleared him of that

all the 'evidence' you present is highly contestable: testimony from a liar and felon chael sonnen about him hiding under an octagon, you really believe that? lol
and you're also drawing conclusions based on what other people have done, which is fallacious. if your mom murders are you all of a sudden a murder? no, so why does it matter what his brothers and some guy he trained with did?

jon goat jones innocent

It’s something that most people try to give “reasonable doubt” a stretching to allow him to fight again.

He’s like a 1 in a million probability of innocence that people cling on to and convince themselves of so they can vicariously live through a dominant fighter.

Jones did nothing wrong

WelllitFrayedFoxterrier.gif

Guilty or not I really hope he doesn't fuck it one more time, I think I won't be able to take it a 3rd time

he only ever failed two tests for banned substance - one was for estrogen blockers (not a steroid) and the second was for trace amounts of an oral steroid.

all the 'evidence' you present is highly contestable: testimony from a liar and felon chael sonnen about him hiding under an octagon, you really believe that? lol
and you're also drawing conclusions based on what other people have done, which is fallacious. if your mom murders are you all of a sudden a murder? no, so why does it matter what his brothers and some guy he trained with did?

jon goat jones innocent
Only estrogen blockers? Can you tell me why estrogen blockers are illegal?

Masking agents are also illegal, could it be he fucked up his masking agents and that’s why steroids popped up in his system?

1. Someone put something in his food.
2. The cocaine he sniffed had creatine from China that contained roids.

He can be sleezy but taking PED's is something I don't believe he would take. The dude has freak genetics already, if he took steroids he would be fighting at Heavyweight and be jacked to the gills.

Okay here we go - finally. Hopefully this isn't a troll post. So the above is FALSE. USADA was going to give Jones 4 YEARS, before he snitched. They did not clear him in any sense. He received a greatly reduced sentence by snitching - full details below. So now that you know this... are you going to change your opinion, or keep repeating the delusional claims defending Jones?

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/19/17881418/jon-jones-reduced-ban-usada-snitching-clause-ufc-news

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was initially facing a 48-month suspension due to his positive test for turinabol, but that was reduced to just 18 months following arbitration. Three months of that reduction were due to a small reduction in Jones’ degree of fault, and the arbitrator believing he did not deliberately intend to cheat, but thirty months were due to the “snitching” clause in the UFC’s anti-doping program.

USADA’s statement read in part, “Prior to the hearing, USADA determined that a 30-month reduction in the otherwise applicable period of ineligibility was appropriate under the rules based on Jones’ delivery of substantial assistance. Evidence related to Jones’ substantial assistance was presented at the hearing and considered by the arbitrator.”

The arbitration decision further clarified this assistance, “Under Article 10.6.1.1 of the UFC ADP, USADA is authorized to reduce all or part of any period of ineligibility based on substantial assistance provided by an individual accused of an ADPV. USADA has in its sold discretion determined that the Athlete is entitled to a thirty (30) month reduction in his period of ineligibility pursuant to this rule.”

The clause in question, 10.6.1.1, reads as follows. Emphasis mine.

USADA in its sole discretion may suspend all or part of the period of Ineligibility and other Consequences imposed in an individual case in which it has results management authority where the Athlete or other Person has provided Substantial Assistance to USADA or another Anti-Doping Organization, criminal authority or professional disciplinary body which results in: (i) USADA or another Anti-Doping Organization discovering or bringing forward an Anti-Doping Policy Violation by another Person and the information provided by the Person providing Substantial Assistance is made available to USADA, or (ii) which results in a criminal or disciplinary body discovering or bringing forward a criminal offense or the breach of professional rules committed by another Person and the information provided by the Person providing Substantial Assistance is made available to USADA. The extent to which the otherwise applicable period of Ineligibility and other Consequences imposed may be suspended shall be based on the seriousness of the Anti-Doping Policy Violation committed by the Athlete or other Person and the significance of the Substantial Assistance provided by the Athlete or other Person to the effort to eliminate doping in sport.

If the Athlete or other Person fails to continue to cooperate and to provide the complete and credible Substantial Assistance upon which a suspension of the period of Ineligibility or other Consequences was based, USADA shall reinstate the original period of Ineligibility and other Consequences.

What this means is that Jones has been providing USADA with information that will lead to either USADA sanctioning individuals, or criminal investigations into individuals. His 30 month reduction is very significant, over 50% of his total suspension length. For comparison, a recent reduction for the same reason in weightlifting saw USADA give a reduction of 24 months on a 48-month suspension, which would imply Jones’ information is significant, as he received a greater reduction.

The clause specifically states the reduction is given when the information results in USADA or another body discovering or bringing forward an offense/violation, so Jones just saying he heard this guy does steroids wouldn’t cut it. It almost certainly involved specific, detailed information about the use or supply of drugs.

Jones is required to continue to provide this information, or his suspension will be reinstated.

This appears to be the first time any UFC athlete has taken advantage of the “snitching” clause to gain a reduction in their sentence. It has happened before in other sports, most recently in US weightlifting circles, which led to several sanctions and other people also taking advantage of the “snitching” clause to reduce their own sentences.

It could take months before the results of the information Jones has provided becomes obvious based on the timeline of other, similar investigations by USADA.

This article has been updated with direct quotes from USADA and the arbitration document.

Nope. Only people who dont care that he did.

some retards working at USADA believe so

Back