Who gave Khabib Nurmagomedov his toughest fight in the UFC?

10. Gleison gave him an arguable loss. No one else imo.

Tibau. Every other fight has seemed pretty easy

1) Tibau
2) Iaquinta
3) Barboza
4) McGregor
5) Johnson

Surprised people argue Tibau beat him. He was defensive for most of the fight but he did the better than anyone in defending Khabib's takedowns.

Johnson should also be recognised. I think Khabib said in his post fight interview that Johnson clipping him was the best shot he'd been caught with.

I don't know how to add a poll. If any of you lovely mods can do this for me I would appreciate it. I also hope you like the pretty pink colour, thank you.
Hmmm... I would say:

1> MJ clearly outstruck him.

2> He had a cardio problem vs Pat Healy, imo. Healy, a natural WW, was pressuring him during the whole fight, Khabib got the key TDs to seal the fight, but I sensed a cardio problem and Khabib didnt look at ease, imo

The Thibau fight was Number 1 BS. Nobody won that shit.

Last edited:
I don't know how to add a poll. If any of you lovely mods can do this for me I would appreciate it. I also hope you like the pretty pink colour, thank you.
Tibau shouldn't be on that list, because he was roiding his butt off at the time. The deflated, USADAd version of Tibau that got KOed by Makhachev in round 1 looked like a stick figure in comparison to his old roiding self. If you want to talk about legit competitors who gave Khabib trouble, RDA was number 1 on that list: he was able to lock Khabib in his guard effectively and minimized the damage received, though he wasn't really able to do anything on the ground when it comes to offense. RDA's jits are underrated on Sherdog.

In before Tiramisu...Seriously though,I guess Tibau but that means absolutely nothing to me because it was so long ago.When someone's consistently evolving and learning it makes this question kind of worthless.It's not like he'd have a "close" fight with Tibau now.He'd batter the piss out of him,so it doesn't really matter.

TRT Tibau for sure... but moving forward, I'm going with GSP

GSP just told Ariel that is the fight he is most exited about. He's got to work through that digestive problem that just flaired up again, but maybe by the time Ramadan is over, we can put Khabib in there vs. GSP. It's possible Khabib will get a suspension till then anyway. Nevada has to send a message about fighters attacking cornermen.

goat-king-jpg.457471

My next obvious choice is Ferg, though that fight might be doomed... lol

Attachments

• GOAT king.jpg
    GOAT king.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 252
Tibau shouldn't be on that list, because he was roiding his butt off at the time. The deflated, USADAd version of Tibau that got KOed by Makhachev in round 1 looked like a stick figure in comparison to his old roiding self. If you want to talk about legit competitors who gave Khabib trouble, RDA was number 1 on that list: he was able to lock Khabib in his guard effectively and minimized the damage received, though he wasn't really able to do anything on the ground when it comes to offense. RDA's jits are underrated on Sherdog.

There's a lot of fighters who have been implicated to have cheated in their careers. Jones, Silva, I can go on. We can't discount the achievements of a fighter just because of the history of their drug tests. I understand what you mean about an even playing field who have given Khabib trouble, but substances by themselves don't fight for you. Anyway, this is why I created this thread anyway because it makes for interesting discussion and I respect you giving RDA's name as Khabib's toughest fight. RDA is a beast, but even when I look at RDA's face, he doesn't look healthy to me. He has that silky, thick skin and development at the androgen sites of his facial structure (brow bone) that is synonymous with drug use. I'm not saying he has ever taken anything, but he isn't exactly as natural looking as Al Iaquinta for example.

Tibau arguably got the win but none of the judges scored a round for him.

Conor did win the third round on every judges scorecard and most of the media's as well.
So I guess Tibau then Conor then everybody else with Thiago Tavares on the bottom of the list.

Surprised people argue Tibau beat him. He was defensive for most of the fight but he did the better than anyone in defending Khabib's takedowns.

Johnson should also be recognised. I think Khabib said in his post fight interview that Johnson clipping him was the best shot he'd been caught with.
The decision was bad. Even if you gave the fight to Khabib it shouldn't have been 30-27. Tibau stuffed every TD attempt and took Khabib down in rd 3. The striking was almost dead even all fight but Tibau had a slight edge in rd's 1 and 3.
Clearly the judges agreed with you and put a lot of weight on "aggression and octagon control" since they gave every round to Khabib.

However, I don't see how Tibau didn't at least take rd3 when he had the striking edge and landed the TD.

Either way, easily Khabib's toughest fight of his career.

Tibau gave him the most competitive fight, but the most damage (if you can even call it that) he's ever sustained during a fight was the MJ fight

Only time he's looked anything close to rocked

Back