Rematch

Dana's Moonface

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Immediate rematches should only be made where it's justified.

- If someone is caught cold early in the fight
- If someone was winning, but got carless
- An entertaining 'close' fight (or at least somewhat competitive)
- A Draw
- A bad decision
- If it's the only fight to be made and others don't want a piece

I am sure I missed a few, but these are off the top of my head.

IMO a rematch should never be solely about a cash crab. I understand it's a business, but it's also meant to be sport.

If the business model takes over? Then the sport will diminish somewhat.

If the 'star' gets what he /she wants now? Then that opens the door for more future attractions to call the shots.

No fighter should be bigger than the Sport. It needs to be nipped in the bud, to stop others from trying the same shit in the future. Remember, if you give in once - you give in a thousand times.

#Khabib/Tony next!!

Conor is going to get another beatdown whether we want to see it or not.

Protesting will do nothing. Money is the Dana's only true friend.

IMO, if you get finished, your next fight can't be a immediate rematch.

Khabib and Tony should be next, but don't be fooled by Ali and Khabib, they want Conor next, anything they say to the contrary is public negotiations.

And Conor likely won't accept any other fight so it almost definitely gonna be the rematch next.

You know what's interesting, I understand how crazy power UFC PR machine

I would remove
-caught cold early
And add
A long dominant champ loses his belt
Otherwise i agree

- A Draw
- A bad decision

IMO a rematch should never be solely about a cash crab. I understand it's a business, but it's also meant to be sport.

If the business model takes over? Then the sport will diminish somewhat.

If the 'star' gets what he /she wants now? Then that opens the door for more future attractions to call the shots.

No fighter should be bigger than the Sport. It needs to be nipped in the bud, to stop others from trying the same shit in the future. Remember, if you give in once - you give in a thousand times.

#Khabib/Tony next!!

Khabib and Tony should be next, but don't be fooled by Ali and Khabib, they want Conor next, anything they say to the contrary is public negotiations.

And Conor likely won't accept any other fight so it almost definitely gonna be the rematch next.

I don't agree with any of this. I think Dana saying "Conor wants a rematch" was just Dana trying to save the image of his Golden boy. I don't think Conor knows what he wants right now.

I don't think khabib really cares either way.

I would like a rematch I think it will be a true sign and a test of skill Khabib wins then no doubt Conor should step down.

Let the results speak for themselves!

Fight sport is sports entertainment. The problem with guys like Conor, Brock, and others, is that their careers are built on the UFC allowing the entertainment aspect trump the sport aspect.

To any fan worth his salt, their legacies are forever tainted.

Brock is an idiot who doesn't care about this, but Conor is a competitor at heart, no question - the asterisks sprinkled all over his sporting accomplishments will burn his ego forever.

Kudos for understanding that public statements in this sport can be read in a number of ways. This flies right past most fans it seems.

So the first ever Champ Champ who has been away for 2 years who happens to be the biggest star the sport has ever known doesn’t deserve a rematch? I disagree and I also firmly believe he would do better in the rematch. Not saying I think he wins but I do think the fight will look different.

Easier fight for more bucks. Can't blame them if they do

Fight sport is sports entertainment. The problem with guys like Conor, Brock, and others, is that their careers are built on the UFC allowing the entertainment aspect trump the sport aspect.

To any fan worth his salt, their legacies are forever tainted.

Brock is an idiot who doesn't care about this, but Conor is a competitor at heart, no question - the asterisks sprinkled all over his sporting accomplishments will burn his ego forever.

Floyd Mayweather took it to another level by fighting McGregor. Literally anything can happen now!

"IF the business model takes over"

Where have you been the last few years

Cucuy deserves the fight especially after the poor showing McG had but he's the big draw was off 2 years and they can sell the fuck out the rematch.

Imo Ferg vs Khabib and McG Diaz 3 for the #1. Let's their golden boy get a W and set up the rematch ect

Depends how the finish happens.

It could of been a lucky stoppage
Bad ref decision
A close fight that merits a rematch
I meant a KO in rd 1. Look at DC vs Miocic. DC said what we will do before the fight, and then just executed Stipe.

- A Draw
- A bad decision

Lol. So pretty much you say every fight warrants a rematch as long as it wasn't pure domination. You literally said "at least somewhat competitive".

Back