For the fight fans: DAZN vs Fight pass pro vs cons

MMA_enthusiast

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So i am currently a subscriber to both these services. Here are the pro and cons from using the normal browser on a PC. I use DAZN canada and fight pass in australia

DAZN:
Pros:
- Always has a combination of 2 boxing events, MMA, you never feel like your being taken advantage of on a weekly basis. Basically you always have something new to watch that is relevant in the boxing world every week and bellator is awesome at the moment. Just this week you had the WBSS super series and andrade vs kauton
- The WBSS super series has been amazing so far and DAZN continues to deliver great coverage
- They have secured the biggest draws in boxing with Canelo for US, Anthony Joshua for UK. No more $50-85 ppvs for these guys
- Bellator and combate americas coverage has been honestly great
- Basically i feel like cards that were always sold to me at premium ppv price have been significantly reduced to a point where i dont feel the need to stream

Cons:
- Stream is okay-terrible. Thought it was on my end but did some testing its definitely on their end. Significant buffers occasionally or quality just decides to dip in 240p territory. Worse thing is, is that it doesnt allow to pick a quality like 720p and load it like a youtube vid for its REPLAYS, understandable if live but replays come on no fuckin excuse
ysxcK4A.jpg

- Interface is fucking terrible.
- Fights last less than a week, highlights afterwards
- When watching fight cards on replay you cannot pick the fight you want from a drop down menu. You have to manually guess where the fight is. This would be okay if the event was 3 hours long. But these boxing cards go 6 hours. One time i pressed a section only to find out from from hour 5 15 min to hour 6 30 IT WAS JUST THE DAZN LOGO SCREEN. 90 minute of this bullshit like wtf cut that shit out.
Finding a relevant fight that i missed and didnt know the outcome was like playing russian roulette, didn't know if i pressed a section i would be at the end of the fight. Live stream doesn't have these issues but god damn boxing needs better structure for their cards (not dazn fault, boxing always has this issue)

jsycaI8.jpg

90 minutes of this shit

Fight pass (australia):
Pros:
- Every fight night card and prelim is given to you. No blackout restrictions
- Stream is phenomenal live
- You can load quality for replays
- Drop down menu is intuitive and easy
- Interface is easy and human
- interesting content options such as documentaries, looking for a fight and other smaller promotional cards. Particularly liked quintet

Cons:
- Invicta FC is being sold to me as the main reason to have this subscription dafaq
- The glory events aren't the big ones. And if there is a big one you have to purchase it as a normal ppv (dafaq)
- Sometimes go 2 weeks without any relevant cards
- Doesn't include its main ppv fights, DAZN will give the big shit at the smallest price while UFC want upwards to $65
- Sometimes honestly feel taken advantage of.

Overall:

I honestly like both services. Fight pass serves as a great platform to revisit fights and the interface shows. Live fight night cards have been great from a stream standpoint. UFC events are just better structured. Boxing has always been terrible with structure and pacing of bouts and you end up with 5-6 hour cards (i think its a huge reason why UFC succeeded over boxing a decade and now). Its just with UFC you feel being taken advantage of. The big fights are never given to you as a a subscription, you have to purchase at such a ridiculous price as a lone consumer.
DAZN is great at giving important boxing fights and the carny of bellator. Its pretty pathetic as a fight library (only lasts a week and its vault is pretty small) and i laugh at the "Netflix of sports" comparisons. Stream buffers sometimes and they are significantly damaging when they do. It should only be used for live events honestly.

Last edited:
DAZN has Canelo fights, A. Joshua fights, and Bellator MMA.

What does Fight Trash have?

DAZN has Canelo fights, A. Joshua fights, and Bellator MMA.

What does Fight Trash have?
for australia, they pretty much give you everything except main card ppvs, some of the smaller promotion stuff and other content is cool and revisiting fights is a pleasant experience

there must be at least 5000 hours more combat content on fight pass... that seems like a notable difference to me.

there must be at least 5000 hours more combat content on fight pass... that seems like a notable difference to me.
of course but considering DAZN is new and understandably doesnt have much of a backlog, however filtering out the content has been super piss poor on DAZN's end, fight pass is so simple

as much as i hear people complain about the stream quality of dazn, i have yet to have an issue.

That comparison is apples to oranges.

Fight pass is a fight library with limited live event streaming.

Dazn is a live event streaming service that offers much more content from multiple sports and organizations but those streams expire after awhile.

Either way in both models you don't get to keep the content, you are essentially renting it.

That sucks but there are ways to record and keep that content anyway, you just gotta be saavy.

well i did provide a snipped photo
...thanks, captain.

my point was that i'm not convinced these issues aren't on the user's bandwith bottlenecking/ISP/specs/etc. i watched 2 bellators, another mma event, and a boxing event - and the streams were stellar.

ps4/comcast/110mb down/~10 mb up, fwiw.

The main reason I subscribe to Fight Pass is for Invicta FC, which I consider to be worth the full price. Getting to watch prelims is adds to the value.

No DAZN for me. Until DAZN expands to more countries I don't care about it.

Fight pass has good library and Invicta. So i's okay but I'd like more interesting content.

DAZN is new, almost all those cons like picture quality, library content, etc will be improved.
They'll prob do like sky an bring out a DAZN HD or some shit.

for australia, they pretty much give you everything except main card ppvs, some of the smaller promotion stuff and other content is cool and revisiting fights is a pleasant experience

On UK Fight Pass you get all the main PPVs as well, normally about a week after the event though.

plus you eventually get all the ppv events

DAZN logo being played for prolonged time could be some kind of spoiler prevention, so you don't know how long the event was or when it ends. When you got 5 rounds main fight and then see that stream is only 10 minutes long, then you know there will be early finish.

In my country there is no original commentary for Bellator and UFC events and that's huge deal breaker for me.

The problem is DAZN is not available in Australia, and you are forced to use a VPN that does not have the ability to route data fast enough to you.

I am in Canada and DAZN Canada works perfect, nice quality, no stutters at all.

So i am currently a subscriber to both these services. Here are the pro and cons from using the normal browser on a PC. I use DAZN canada and fight pass in australia.

Hi how do you use/watch DAZN Canada..? of course you need a DAZN CANADA account I have have sources to get that but then I am stuck.. No dns services offers regions on DAZN any longer and the only VPN I have found that still works with DAZN Canada is Express VPN set to Canada.. Is that what you are using? you can send pm if you dont want to post it. I guess you are based in Australia.

Ps. DAZN apps are amazing, always delivering 50p/60p streaming with stable access. Try the Apple TV, Fire TV and Android TVs ones.

Last edited:
What i hate about Dazn is that you cant change commentary to the original, had to listen to 2 idiots commentating that had no idea at the last Bellator Event but the NFL had original commentary..

Hi how do you use/watch DAZN Canada..? of course you need a DAZN CANADA account I have have sources to get that but then I am stuck.. No dns services offers regions on DAZN any longer and the only VPN I have found that still works with DAZN Canada is Express VPN set to Canada.. Is that what you are using? you can send pm if you dont want to post it. I guess you are based in Australia.

Ps. DAZN apps are amazing, always delivering 50p/60p streaming with stable access. Try the Apple TV, Fire TV and Android TVs ones.
if you really want an answer to how i have managed to circumvent credit cards and the right VPN dm me. i really don't want all the information out. DAZN has been highly aggressive in blocking any vpn they can get. so i really need to make sure that they cant find the information just by a google search

The problem is DAZN is not available in Australia, and you are forced to use a VPN that does not have the ability to route data fast enough to you.

I am in Canada and DAZN Canada works perfect, nice quality, no stutters at all.
see i would believe that was the case but my speed through the VPN is 20 up 12 down compeltely sufficient for 720p stream or 360p. Yet i got some dogshit 144p shit while watching sometimes. I can load a perfect 1080p youtube vid but not a watchable stream for DAZN.

Last edited:
Back