That time Bob Sapp competed in two sports in the same match

MMA_enthusiast

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
UFC should approach cross-over fights as the iconic Bob Sapp did in 2004. He fought the ultimate can Jerome Le Banner in a 4 round hybrid match. Rounds 1,3 were kickboxing, rounds 2,4 mma with glove changes every round to accommodate the competing sport. The match ended in a draw.

UFC clearly loves the idea of cross over matches as does boxers do. Let them do it like this. Its funny as hell.

This is a troll thread obviously to bring up some interesting history of insane matches in japan, stop taking yourself seriously. calm down and relax, it's a good day

He's always practiced 2 sports at once. MMA and WWE.

Jones has done it. MMA and drug racing.
Edit: drag racing.

Sapp decided he would rather throw fights and get paid. Why not? The asians love the fucking guy.

Did you just call JLB "the ultimate can"?

Bob Sapp is on a winning streak haters

Read the paper

JLB is a GOAT.

AOKI fought in a similarly ruled fight. He stalled the KICKBOXING portion of the fight and got KO'D IN THE GRAPPLING, LOL

I like Bob.
He comes of as a good dude in interviews I read.
He also have 6 cats.

I remember Shinya Aoki vs the cross dresser guy, same rules I think. I believe Aoki back pedaled the whole kick boxing round, and in the MMA round immediately telegraphed a takedown and ate a knee to the face.

UFC should approach cross-over fights as the iconic Bob Sapp did in 2004. He fought the ultimate can Jerome Le Banner in a 4 round hybrid match. Rounds 1,3 were kickboxing, rounds 2,4 mma with glove changes every round to accommodate the competing sport. The match ended in a draw.

UFC clearly loves the idea of cross over matches as does boxers do. Let them do it like this. Its funny as hell.

This is a troll thread obviously to bring up some interesting history of insane matches in japan, stop taking yourself seriously. calm down and relax, it's a good day

I hope the troll thing is when you say "the ultimate can" because he was an uncrown champ with a fantastic K1 resume and who did far more than the ignorant you are ...

I remember Shinya Aoki vs the cross dresser guy, same rules I think. I believe Aoki back pedaled the whole kick boxing round, and in the MMA round immediately telegraphed a takedown and ate a knee to the face.

Its very rare to see the well-timed-knee on a shot attempt ala yoel vs "he's still my only boy"._

I hope the troll thing is when you say "the ultimate can" because he was an uncrown champ with a fantastic K1 resume and who did far more than the ignorant you are ...

Dont try to play the bad guy with my buddy TS or im going to splatterhouse the shit out of you dude.

He's always practiced 2 sports at once. MMA and WWE.

Jones has done it. MMA and drug racing.
Edit: drag racing.

Sapp is the 3 sport champ:
1. MMA
2. WWE
3. Diving

Last edited:
Back