Fedor vs. CroCop - (Rate the fight)

Rate the fight

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Apparently this is a legendary fight. But what do you rate it at?

Very honest voting results, glad no trolls chimed in

It was a very intense fight w/ a 2 year build up especially for the time, there were no heavyweights at that skill level you really had to experience it live and have been of MMA throughout the buildup to really appreciate it. I think I remember most of this forum was pulling for Crocop.

Compare this fight from 13 years ago, to heavyweights now... Blackbeast is ranked #2 and fighting for the belt lol.

Last edited:
The fight was k, but what made it better was the build up n anticipation

No.1 hw with 22-1 record (18 fight win steak) vs no.2 hw who’s been ko ppl left n right

Cro Cop was probably the most well-liked fighter in the history of sherdog during his run. It helped that his fan base overall wasn't obnoxious.

Overrated af

Yet people are still talking about it 13+ years later? Were you even 13 when the fight happened? Were you even alive and watching MMA when it happened? I mean fuck off... You joined 2 days before my 35th bday, and if you don't recognize this as an epic fight in terms of 'modern' HW MMA, you're a fuckin' moron for every reason possible.

If you don't know the build up -- the context -- and weren't a fan at the time, I guess "overrated af" would be yer answer then.

That's sad.

Overrated af
I wouldn´t expect anything else from a troll...
200w.gif

You have to understand everything that was going on before the fight took place (the rankings at the time, p4p, legacy, etc), the pre-fight anticipation was legendary, It was a dream fight for what it represented at the time. Maybe not the best example, but Randy Couture vs. Tim Sylvia was a very boring fight, yet if you watched it at the time and knew what was on the line and Randy's 'George Foreman' moment then it was great (I still remember Randy's knock down of Sylvia and that 'holy s***' moment where something happens that you never expected to be possible, resulting in Couture winning back the belt at his age)

Last edited:
11/10. One of the best fights in MMA history. Loved watching it all play out.

I guess chiming in on shit you know nothing about is just as well.

Personally, I'd go back and watch all of the PRIDE events, then form an opinion before you make an ass of yourself... but to each their own.

Sorry ya missed out on an epic time of the sport.

Guess ya missed Tyson, Jordan, Gretzky -- but at least ya get the awesome aftermath of the Jenner saga ;)

You have to understand everything that was going on before the fight took place (the rankings at the time, p4p, legacy, etc), the pre-fight anticipation was legendary, It was a dream fight for what it represented at the time. Maybe not the best example, but Randy Couture vs. Tim Sylvia was a very boring fight, yet if you watched it at the time and knew what was on the line and Randy's 'George Foreman' moment then it was great.

Did u just compare crocop vs fedor with tim and Randy?

thats some criminal shit

Possibly the GOAT match up but definitely not the GOAT fight.

Also, 9/10. Would've been 10/10 if Cro Cop got the KO. Stupid fucking mat advertisement.

I don't love this article, but it explains a lot of what happened : http://fightland.vice.com/blog/fedor-versus-cro-cop-the-biggest-fight-in-mma-ten-years-on

It is a hard thing to take a fighter's will. Mirko Cro Cop, who had never won the K-1 title he had spent his life working towards, and who had fallen just short in his first go at PRIDE gold, was not going to give up. What Emelianenko did was take Cro Cop's body to a point where it wouldn't allow him to do the things he so desperately desired.

Back