Cain Velasquez has had 2 fights in the last 5 years.

TrevorLahey

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Since fighting JDS on October 19th 2013 Velasquez has only fought twice in the UFC. Maybe I missed the bus a bit on this but did he officially retire? Anyone know if he has any plans on returning to the UFC, ever? Is it safe to say he's the biggest waste of talent in UFC history?

I was at his last fight - UFC 200

Awesome performance, felt like I saw a unicorn

Yes, he is easily the biggest waste of talent in MMA history. He's kinda like the Eric Lindros of MMA imo.

Yup, it's a damn shame. Cain is the biggest wasted talent in the UFC. I doubt he ever fights again. He had potential to be the Heavyweight GOAT, but he just wasn't ever able to fight enough to create a legacy.

Sea Level Cain RNC'd Poseidon to become King of the Oceans.

He now resides in Atlantis which he rarely ventures outside of.

It isn't a coincidence that he trains at AKA and never fights.

Rockhold pulled out of a huge fight today if I am not mistaken, Khabib was out for nearly 2 years as I recall and pulled out of several fights, DC has pulled out of a handful of fights and is about to fight injured.

That gym produces great fighters but breaks them in the process.

17716-1532016613-800.jpg

cain-velasquez-wwe-nxt-ufc-1.jpg

Cain-Velasquez-WWE-696x399.png
<21>

I wouldn't say waste of talent. He was a champion and headlined cards. I will forever salute him for the way he bounced Lesnar around. He had a short run but made the most of it while he was healthy. If he fights again who knows if he will be anywhere close to what he was.

Sea Level Cain RNC'd Poseidon to become King of the Oceans.

He now resides in Atlantis which he rarely ventures outside of.
You are thinking of "Below sea level Cain", an actual monster of the depths of the seas, he is a hundred yards tall if he is a foot they say and he can armbar a Kraken.

Yes, he is easily the biggest waste of talent in MMA history. He's kinda like the Eric Lindros of MMA imo.

WRONG!

That would be URIAH HALL

Cain does have a BIG ASS HEAD tho.
That shit is MASSIVE!
Maybe even Tito big

It's never a good idea to have back surgery if it can be avoided... that's what my doctors tell me about my discs anyway. (wish I could afford to get bilateral injections every morning tho... that shit works miracles)

I don't know the details of his injury or what went wrong in the surgery. However, it isn't really surprising he isn't fighting yet after the surgery "didn't go well."

Wish him nothing but the best in recovery...
And I don't know if the back injury was related to training. Aren't bone spurs more of a genetic issue? I am not a doctor, please correct me if you know more.

Last edited:
And here I was thinking he was the GOAT fighter of all time....he isnt but at his prime I thought we was.. either way no way to confirm that

Prime, healthy Cain loses to no man ever

We won't see a Heavyweight like him for another few decades

I wouldn't say waste of talent.

I would,

as a champion Cain fought three different people and went 2-2

he's MMA's biggest "what if?"

Last edited:
Maybe, but to be fair, we really don’t know how Cain would do vs different styles, And different fighters. He only fought a few guys in his prime. How would he do vs someone like Overeem, Stipe, or someone like Struve? How would he do vs a short, heavy, powerful guy like Roy or Hunt? Would someone like Barnet sub him too? How about a great grappler with good tdd And ko power like Arlovski?

If Cain had fought a few more different guys, his record could have been spotted with losses.. or he could have done great..

Back issues, same as The Black Beast to a more severe degree. These things just don’t go away and it seems like it’s always just get a cortisone shot and you’re good but 6 months down the road you’re right back where you were until you can properly get it fixed

Hope he can but he may never fight again.

I’d look into some stem cell procedures, maybe in Germany. But I’m sure he’s exhausting all avenues. Even though B.B. seems to be ignorant to why his back keeps being an issue

Back