Which GOAT had the better performance when UFC and Affliction went head to head?

• Thread starter Deleted member 549255
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 549255

On July 19 2008, Affliction’s Fedor vs Sylvia was counter programmed by UFC’s Silva vs Irvin.

063E943E-A0C2-4263-9A2D-96E5982CF866.jpeg
F49356F5-2F74-4EB1-B59C-5B3D2EB905E4.jpeg

Fedor was riding an incredible 24 fight win streak when he faced off against former UFC HW champ Tim Sylvia. Fedor dominated Sylvia on the feet before submitting him in 36 seconds.

1BD38F2E-A4C4-4203-8C30-4E7CD0735641.jpeg

Following his destruction of P4P GOAT Dan Henderson is less than 2 rounds, Anderson’s LHW debut was against feared striker James Irvin after 4 LHWs (Rashad, Thiago Silva, Vera, Jardine) declined to fight the Spider. That seemed to be the right move on their part as Silva bloodied and KO’d Irvin in 61 seconds.

251A7E2F-0D96-4A3F-9869-7C60DC168143.jpeg

Which GOAT had the more impressive performance on this stacked night of MMA?

Last edited by a moderator:
You got the year wrong bro it wasn't in 2018.

But to answer your question both were great quick finishes. Fedor showed a bit more since he connected and submitted his opponent imo

giphy.gif

Fedor

Cos i don't know who the fuck Irvin is

They both destroyed but Sylvia was better than Irvin

So it's gotta be Fedor

Please, it will make the Fedor case better.

You would think someone with your profile name would appreciate that gif...

<Fedor23>
They were both impressive. I wanted to make sure than gifs of both finishes were on the first page.

6FC44458-A911-4701-812F-16D836BD9787.jpeg

Beating Sylvia at the time is alot more impressive than beating Irvin.

Both great performances

The Sandman was never the same after that loss... Anderson and Fedor took many souls.

He had epic KOs. One of my all time favourite fighters before the opiates got to him.

4uclfa.gif

UnlawfulZestyGannet-size_restricted.gif

2hzsbop.gif

My personal favourite:
irvin_kick.gif

Then this happened...

giphy.webp

Then it all went to shit...

thumbnail_crop.php

Last edited:
The Sandman was never the same after that loss... Anderson and Fedor took many souls.

He had epic KOs. One of my all time favourite fighters before the opiates got to him.

4uclfa.gif

UnlawfulZestyGannet-size_restricted.gif

2hzsbop.gif

james-irvin_hector-ramirez1.gif

(he kicked him afterwards too but I can't find it)

Then this happened...

giphy.webp

Then it all went to shit...

thumbnail_crop.php
Anderson took Irvin’s soul.

Fedor took Sylvia’s soul.

At the time Fedor still had godlike status and that aura of invincibility.

Sylvia was 24-4, the #4 ranked HW in the world, and a former 2x UFC HW champion. Beaten down and submitted in 38 seconds.

Irvin was 14-4, an unranked LHW, and his biggest claim to fame was KOing Houston Alexander. Sniped and TKOd in 60 seconds.

Going with the first one.

Back