Who is for getting rid of 170 pound division for 165?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The jump from 155 to 170 it seems like many fighters are for it but I do understand we dont need another weight class so just retire the 170.

Have GSP come back to fight Tyron Woodley for the final 170 pound fight for the title as well as to solidify the GOAT WW

Then the winner will go on to fight a contender for the inaugural 165 pound title?

DISCUSS?

I'm all for it as long as they introduce 175 as well.

I want to see 2 tournaments across a few PPV's to declare the first champs.

Last edited:
Yup 170 should go. Should be every 10 lbs.

Dont need a 195 yet. 205 is a wasteland. But someday it will be needed too as long as sport gains in popularity.

Dont need a 195 yet. 205 is a wasteland. But someday it will be needed too as long as sport gains in popularity.
<WellThere>

-125 +165 -170 +175

The 165 division is pretty arbitrary and makes no sense at all.

I agree with most of that... except I think percentage of bodyweight matters. So having a larger gap between the larger weight classes works out to the same difference in percentage of bodyweight.

So I'd be down for 165, 175, 190, and 205 or something similar.

No, leave it the way it is. There’s no reason to change shit just because a few fighters bitch the weight between 155 and 170.
No reason to keep it the same just because special people think, well, they do not think about much to be honest.

Almost as dumb as how WME keeps creating fake interim belts only to immediately strip the champions.

I agree with most of that... except I think percentage of bodyweight matters. So having a larger gap between the larger weight classes works out to the same difference in percentage of bodyweight.

So I'd be down for 165, 175, 190, and 205 or something similar.

I could see something like this working eventually. People have been having this discussion for years and unfortunately I think it is just too entrenched at this point. Changes probably should have happened back when 155 was added but there weren't enough fighters to fill in those divisions.

205 was the deepest division not that long ago. Jones, gus, dc, rumble, phil davis, bader, shogun, etc.

Get rid of weight divisions and see who is the best of them all.

The jump from 155 to 170 it seems like many fighters are for it but I do understand we dont need another weight class so just retire the 170.

Have GSP come back to fight Tyron Woodley for the final 170 pound fight for the title as well as to solidify the GOAT WW

Then the winner will go on to fight a contender for the inaugural 165 pound title?

DISCUSS?

all he 165 talk is fake news.

ufc not about inventing fake weigh classes. no other company uses it so why should the ufc.

163 division is where it's at, screw this 165 bullshit.

No need to get rid of any divison to make 165, just turn 170 into 175 as it should have been from the beginning, there are like 500 fucking fighters on the roster ffs.

Get rid of weight divisions and see who is the best of them all.
The worst HW beats khabib like a drum. Like in less than 1 min. Wouldnt be good for UFC's bottom line nor the great athletes that flock towards low weights.

Also - I look at lessor weights like honey badgers - sure a elephant (HW) can just step on a honey badger but they are much more entertaining to watch than a slow elephant.

I westled HW I am a big dude like 237 6'4" and only like watching MW and below for that reason. We suck when it comes to grace/speed/cardio/ability unlike lower guys.

there weren't enough fighters to fill in those divisions.
That basically sums up sums up the reason that we have the weight classes we do.
We need parity among fighters and if you thin out the weight classes too much you lose that.

But the lower weights can support adding 1 more weight class now since LW is so heavily stacked.

It would help a ton to if they fix weigh-in so that fighters actually fought at their walk around weight so people wouldn't be rewarded for something that has nothing to do with fighting ability (losing massive amounts of weight in an unhealthy way over a short period of time).

Back