What came up on my twitter just reminded me what a bloodthirsty savage Cain was

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

I so much miss that Cain, probably one of my favorite HWs of all time together with prime Fedor.
No silly trashtalk but a coldblooded killer in the ring. I wonder if we'll ever see anything like him at HW

Cains put on some of the most impressive HW performances no doubt

People seem to have been too quick to forget what an animal he was. I consider this trilogy to be the height of the HW division.

Was never a big Cain supporter/fan, mostly because of how unlikely he always was to show up. But despite my selfish reasons to be a hater, I would never miss a chance to see him fight. Killer!

Jones vs Velasquez or die.

Put it on with Khabib vs Ferguson, GSP vs Woodley and break Cowboy stadium

Cain would have probably been the best heavyweight of all time if his body didn't fail him. Dude was a fucking animal.

At the proper elevation, age, and health Cain can be a handful.

He’s right up there with vampire mode BJ Penn.

Dos Santos has late onset Parkinson’s before it’s all said and done; I’m calling it now.

We all miss Cain, fan or not it’s a damn shame his career was derailed by injuries.

Arguably the most talented HW of all time.

Relentless.

He’s right up there with vampire mode BJ Penn.

Dos Santos has late onset Parkinson’s before it’s all said and done; I’m calling it now.
You mean early onset.

I remember back when he fought Nog, thinking “now we’ll get to see how he deals with high level mma subs” lol

Even as a Brock fan I still was on the Cain Train. Unfortunately the AKA Train's departure and arrival times are years apart...

i am an unabashed Cain critic.

that being said, the guy is the biggest "What If" in MMA history in my opinion.

the biggest unrealized potential in a fighter i've ever seen. i don't want to say wasted talent, because it sounds like he squandered his abilities away when it really wasn't his fault, but what he could've done and what he ended up doing were vastly different things, even in the eyes of a critic like myself.

he should've been challenging Fedor for GOAT status, but now he barely has the strength of schedule to challenge Stipe for the best UFC HW.

Cain would have probably been the best heavyweight of all time if his body didn't fail him. Dude was a fucking animal.
With the shit he did, I'd argue that he failed his body. I remember his coach bragging that they were doing things that even NFL players couldn't and thinking "It's more so that they won't do it, not that they can't."

lols at the cain haters who said stipe would beat cain. Cain would put a beatdown on him just like everyone else. coulda be goat imo but just great.

Back