Media How the UFC Persuaded DC to Take the Fight With Lewis

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty interesting. I haven't watched the whole thing yet.

Timestamped where he explains how the fight came about.

At 12:50 he talks about the Khabib incident after the fight with Conor. Quite funny

Last edited:
I would substitute "Tricked" with "Persuaded" to be honest.

He would've happily fought anyone but Jones.

Lewis is a one trick pony and as long as DC can avoid the power punches, he should walk right through Lewis with ease. Lewis is one of the easiest HW opponents DC could have drawn.

24364606_JIpwyYN-GYo4cALSIzYFaJaHHRu82qgRtttvkVWCOJE.jpg

....... I hope DC gets knocked out
I'm outta here.

At 12:50 he talks about the Khabib incident after the fight with Conor. Pretty funny

DC is taking a HUGE risk for small reward...

If he defeats Lewis then ok he was expected to and all is good.

If DC loses he loses his HW title and any big fight with Lesnar and Jones at HW as well as Gus and Jones fighting for his LHW title he knows no longer will have as soon as they compete.

DC is taking a HUGE risk for small reward...

If he defeats Lewis then ok he was expected to and all is good.

If DC loses he loses his HW title and any big fight with Lesnar and Jones at HW as well as Gus and Jones fighting for his LHW title he knows no longer will have as soon as they compete.
That's what one of the reporters asked during the interview. He responded with, if he loses it means that he can now defend his LHW title. So it still leaves him an open door.

He says it won't make sense for the UFC to take away his LHW belt now that he can defend it, if he loses this fight.

He has not been stripped yet. He will be when Gustafsson/Jones throw the first punch.

Is this guy dumb? "If I lose to Lewis ,I can just go defend my LHW belt" LOOOOL

Ah, come on... The only one who always wanted someone "easy" to fight was Cormier all the time, UFC don't have nothing to do with it. Bullshit talk. Running from Miocic, Jones, the people he really needs to fight.

DC is a dumbass. If he loses, he’d lose an even bigger payday to fight Lesnar.

Are you really serious right now? lol

DC is the one who's been yearning for a Jones rematch all along. But Jones has been gone for so long, he needed to move on at some point.
Of course, of course... When Jones back, he was the first to run and don't talk about it anymore. Like that dog that barks, barks and do nothing.

This bullshit talk about fighting Black Beast I don't buy it. A guy known for his fucked back almost all career in UFC... Hope that Black Beast knockouts Cormier, he deserve to be knocked out to stop being hypocrite.

At 12:50 he talks about the Khabib incident after the fight with Conor. Quite funny

Interesting.

Weird to hear that the Dagastani crew had surrounded him as well in a threatening manner.

Who has asked for the rematch against Jones in the first place?

The dude has basically been begging to fight Jones for months after Jones got suspended following their second fight.

But a lot of shit has happened since then. He's moved up to HW, fought Stipe, then the whole Brock thing came along. He has moved on.

You should probably follow the sport more before spewing nonsense.
Of course, "so many things" happened that he don't talk about Jones or Miocic. I understand your pointless point.

Miocic, the best HW of all time, is right there and he fights a back fucked of all time Black Beast. Very convenient. And now UFC "tricked" him to fight Lewis... All right.

Back