How do you see GSP vs. Khabib going?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This fight could happen and would probably be a big moneymaker for everyone which is why it would happen.

Rather than your classic wrestler vs. striker this would be wrestler vs. wrestler.

A prime GSP would jab Khabib to death and take him down but GSP has knee surgeries and age behind him now. This is an interesting match up.

How do you see his fight going?

GSP via whatever he wants. With ease.

GSP via whatever he wants. With ease.
At 155? Really? GSP would have to drop a solid chunk of his muscle mass to make weight. I believe Khabib will give him a run for his money in the wrestling department. Also, Khabib has a radically underrated guard game, he might surprise GSP if Khabib ends up on his back. On the feet, GSP is going to punch him in the face with impunity, though.

It will be a great fight that goes to decision. Whatever the outcome theyre gonna hug it out and itll be such a close score card they both come out as goats.

At 155? Really? GSP would have to drop a solid chunk of his muscle mass to make weight. I believe Khabib will give him a run for his money in the wrestling department. Also, Khabib has a radically underrated guard game, he might surprise GSP if Khabib ends up on his back. On the feet, GSP is going to punch him in the face with impunity, though.

No no GSP doesnt need to cut.

A more sensible match is where Khabib cuts to 170 instead.

Imagine those two 183+ meeting at 155 geezus.

Welterweight match.

I predict a stalemate....UD either way.

No no GSP doesnt need to cut.

A more sensible match is where Khabib cuts to 170 instead.

Imagine those two 183+ meeting at 155 geezus.

Welterweight match.

I predict a stalemate....UD either way.
I doubt GSP will want to fight Khabib without a belt on the line. If GSP ever fights Khabib, I think it's going to be either at 155 or at 165 in a new division.

GSP is bigger, faster, stronger. His wrestling is strong enough to stop Khabib. His striking is much better than Khabib. If he did get taken down he has high level black belt BJJ.

GSP all day.

Actually...GSP is a smart fighter.
I think GSP will actually try and take down Khabib FIRST.
Figthers get so focused on Khabibs TDs but not taking HIM down.
They play defense vs TDs the entire fight.
He will surprise Khabib and that will throw him off.

Clinch against the cage. Clinch and wiggle wiggle on the ground. 5 rounds of that. UFC shills talking up how great of a technical fight it was.

GSP jabs his face off for 5 rounds or less. Koscheckesque.

I see GSP whooping his ass at his own game. Beating him to the jab and out striking him. As well as beating him on the ground with take downs and sick knees to the fat tiramisu filled gut of khabib.

I don't really want to see the fight though. Unless it is at Catch weight. I want to see em both fight at their respected weight class. Khabib wants a piece of the goat he should do the right thing and move up. Aint no honor fighting some dehydrated half dead zombie.

Gsp would probably make weight easier than khabib.

jab jab grab grab. yawn

8rWSPVW.gif

^^ 2 of the most dominant UFC fighters of all time.... Hello McFly?

At 170 GSP wins a dominant jabbing decision. At 155 Khabib takes GSP down and controls him to a decision.

Back