Media Dominick Reyes Wants A Main Event Fight vs. Jan Blachowicz in Early 2019

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Interview with Dom Reyes. Wants Jan Blachowicz in his first UFC Main Event. I think he deserves a Main Event given he's the only bright young undefeated LHW prospect. I just don't know if this is the matchup that gets him there.

He also speaks about The Jones/Gustafsson fight & Daniel Cormier being non-committal about fighting at LHW ever again.

He stressed the importance of fighting in a Main Event once or twice before a title shot because he wants the muscle memory of a 5 round fight, he wants to know what the feeling of the bright lights is like before that moment comes. Which is pretty damn smart.

How do you guys feel about this potential fight?

Last edited:
And I want a Range Rover
When we're talking about undeserved things

And I want a Range Rover
When we're talking about undeserved things
He doesn't deserve that kind of fight? He's undefeated, 4-0 in the UFC and just beat the shit out of OSP. I think this is a good fight for him. I'd like this fight a lot, just don't know about as a Main Event.

He doesn't deserve that kind of fight? He's undefeated, 4-0 in the UFC and just beat the shit out of OSP. I think this is a good fight for him. I'd like this fight a lot, just don't know about as a Main Event.

I just don't think it's fair on Jan to keep fighting dangerous contenders
Dudes earned a real title eliminator or dare I say shot

This kid oozes potential.

Good to see some young talent in the division

That's actually a pretty solid match-up.

Both dudes have skills, and are potential contenders imo.

Reyes has looked like an absolute killer.

Jan Blachowicz in a title fight
<{clintugh}>

id say match up jan, volkan/smith, reyes, and latifi/anderson

Jan Blachowicz in a title fight
<{clintugh}>

That’s a testament of a very thin division, outside of the big 3, Jones, DC, and Gus, the talent level drops off significantly. We have guys like Blachowicz and Latifi in the top 5 contender spots.

I actually like Reyes he’s a promising up and comer, I also like the Reyes and Blachowicz scrap too.

This is a great step up fight. I'm down to see that.

I'd rather see both guys going for separated ways to a TS
Div is weak af, that wouldn't be the best idea

I'd rather see both guys going for separated ways to a TS
Div is weak af, that wouldn't be the best idea
Nobody wants to see Jan Blachowicz fight for the title. If Reyes can remain undefeated and make a statement with a win that is a different story.

At this point if Jones beats Gustafsson he could easily be a two division champion, given the lack of depth at LHW. I’d like to see him fight Cain and then DC at HW after Gus (assuming he and DC keep winning). Maybe by that point Reyes or someone else at LHW will stand out as a worthy challenger.

Jan's best win is against Manuwa who was brutally KO'd just before that. Reyes is a good fight to see who deserves to be in a title eliminator fight.

Fantastic call out by Reyes.
I think this is a very fair fight for both.

Reyes is an absolute killer.

Good fight. Not sure about a main event... but a good fight that the UFC should go ahead and make

Let's just slap a "title eliminator" on this fight and problem solved.

I mean, who else is there for Jan? Latifi rematch?

Reyes' gas tank is still a question mark. Sure he KO'd OSP in the third, but he slowed down to molasses.

Back