Conor McGregor's legacy | Shattered or building?

Fluency

noun; the quality or condition of being fluent
Banned
Reaction score
Is his legacy set in stone

Did Khabib break his legacy?

Can he come back?

Conor McGregor's legacy
giphy.gif

He will be remembered as a manlet beater. Average fighter when fighting guys his own size.

He’s more of a businessman than a fighter these days.

He will be remembered for the attention he brought to the sport, the hype he was capable of generating and the money he made. Make no mistake about it, McGregor understands the fight business and influenced a bunch of fighters to do the same.

As of now, he won’t be remembered for the winning streaks or title defenses, but we can’t deny what McGregor did for this sport.

Can he come back?
Maybe he’ll be like Beckham. Never a complete player, but a huge celebrity.

Last edited:
Connor needs to fight tony Ferguson and Aldo before he’s contender for another rematch.

He will be remembered for the attention he brought to the sport, the hype he was capable of generating and the money he made. Make no mistake about it, McGregor understands the fight business and influenced a bunch of fighters to do the same.

As of now, he won’t be remembered for the winning streaks or title defenses, but we can’t deny what McGregor did for this sport.

2 worst thing Conor did to this sport,

1) Brought in a bunch of fans who nothing of MMA, and are strictly annoying Conor fans and would believe anything Conor related.

2) Brought in a bunch of copycat fighters who imitate Conor (Colby, DIllon, that irish kid from Bellator) thinking that will make them big just like Conor.

Can he come back?

You win 2 world titles in 2 different weight classes, in 2 different organizations...I'd say your legacy is set...but conor happened to face his worse possible matchup...kinda what happened with Silver vs sonnen...he was getting whooped for 4.5 rounds...and surprised sonnen with a sub....but conor against anyone else, I'd pick him to win...I'd pick conor to win against tony...cause of the style matchup...against lee, that would also be a tough matchup...not quite as tough as khabib though...I don't think lee has the same level of cardio...and if conor can survive like he did to round 3 with lee, he would win...

He will be a bankrupt alcoholic nobody in 5 years......mark my words.

What legacy? Way too many losses in his prime.

Conor is like Ronda now all money not winning fights anymore

He's fine. He just needs to pick his next few fights properly then retire. He can go into movies

Conor might be well known and popular but I don't expect it will last very long unless he can win at the top level of the UFC. His status right now is like Jersey Shore for hipsters but everyone is beginning to see he's kind of a farce as a fighter.

He is not looked at as a serious title contender at this point and more of a joke since talking all that smack and losing so badly.

Sooner or later people will stop paying attention.

Being well known doesn't give you a better legacy as a fighter. Defending titles does.

Last edited:
Not sure about "legacy", but his popularity may be at an all time high, even in losing.

Guy just shattered the PPV record, and is being shown all over the place on media.

He really only has to fight a couple of more fights (should he choose to) with some stand and bang guys, and he probably will retire the most well known / famous MMA competitor of all time.

Not riding his nuts either, but he does seem to have a tremendous amount of folks paying attention to him.

2 worst thing Conor did to this sport,

1) Brought in a bunch of fans who nothing of MMA, and are strictly annoying Conor fans and would believe anything Conor related.

2) Brought in a bunch of copycat fighters who imitate Conor (Colby, DIllon, that irish kid from Bellator) thinking that will make them big just like Conor.
I pose these responses to your answers as a khabib fan.

1) werent you as well a fan who new nothing when you began watching mma.

2) you just named 3 people we both would love to see get brutally beaten. Much like the kid in bellator
<Goldie11>

Point is new folks arent bad. We were all new at one point.

Having people we want to watch get there asses kicked isnt a bad thing either.

With all that said. Fuck conor

Back