Media Luke Thomas and mma beat panel criticize Bellator commentators

2004 account

For a fair sport/true mma fan, ain't no shill
@Silver
Reaction score
They criticize Goldy, the pace of the commentary and such

What do you think? Valid criticism or not?

@19:07

Edit - whenever I see Luke sit next to Danny Segura, the 60's batman and Robin come to mind - Adam west and burt ward level corniness lolBurt-Ward-Robin-10.jpg

Last edited:
I was big fan of Jimmy Smith and was surprised he wasn’t retained but Big John has been awesome!

I like Goldy.

I realize he's an idiot and says stupid things.

But I still like him. Most of my fondest memories of MMA have his voice on commentary.

the MMA beat is a who's who of losers who failed at journalism so they discuss a sport they know nothing about. Oh, and Luke "The Cuck" Thomas

There's barely anyone watching Luke Thomas and who the hell are those guys even? Dimspace and two fat dudes.

There's barely anyone watching Luke Thomas and who the hell are those guys even? Dimspace and two fat dudes.
I watch him and I'm not fat at all. He has his weird opinions but I find him interesting to listen to

Big John & Goldie make a great PBP team.

Cuck Thomas is talking nonsense, as usual. Guy loves the sound of his own voice.

Bunch of people I don't give a shit about talking shit on the man Goldie?

Goldie shaking the haters off like

d8PbdxC.gif

It's kind of ridiculous how much UFC bias these guys have.
It's all for fear of getting blacklisted and losing the interview and press privileges, none of them wants to be the next Ariel
Luke's always been a douche but he's been especially insufferable lately since becoming the host of the MMA hour and the Beat.
They do give Bellator their big ups every now and then.

WTF? Is Luke trying to get on Dana's good side?

Why go out of your way to bring this up?

I enjoy their commentary. I actually like their fighter commentors better than the UFC ones, Frank Mir and Matt Mitrione

Big John has surprised me. And Mauro always cracks me up. Intentionally or not...lol

Goldie is just settling in...I don't notice issues, but if others do... you can't expect chemistry right away.. especially when he has worked with a few different people. Where as Goldie mainly worked with Joe for God knows how many years.

I wonder if there is a rivalry between Danny Segura and NY Rick from Ariel's show.

I prefer Bellator's commentators over Rogan and Cruz, those guys can't call a fight without picking a favorite and trying to force a narrative. Most of the other UFC commentators are good though.

Do people like Luke Thomas?

I can't stand the guy, he's got this air of pretentiousness that's just incredibly annoying. He's not a good MMA analyst and he doesn't get inside info like Ariel.

tenor.gif

I feel like Luke Thomas should be getting interviewed by these guys.

When your name is Luke Thomas I don't think you have the right to criticize shit.

They're doing a great job.

Did Luke criticize the UFC commentary when Goldie was there?

I like Goldy.

I realize he's an idiot and says stupid things.

But I still like him. Most of my fondest memories of MMA have his voice on commentary.
It was funny to listen to Rogan shut him down when he says things. As far as quality though he really isn't up to par with most of the commentators the UFC has. It's amazing how little MMA knowledge he has despite being involved in MMA for his entire career. Take a BJJ class or something man.

Do people like Luke Thomas?
I think he's alright but he tries too hard to inject a NY Times vocabulary into discourse aimed at a TMZ audience. Comes across as needlessly arrogant. MMA fans are still drooling retards for the most part so they interpret this as a patronizing insult.

Back