Black Beast ground game is underrated

Human Bass

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He may be clumsy and clueless, but he somehow has a great instinct on how to scramble back on his feet, he manages to escape some very tricky positions like side and back control. His last 10 fights he never came close to being submitted.

His transitions from standing to the ground are very slick...
ScientificPowerlessHuman-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
yeah sometimes just randomly gets up on his feet because he doesn't fee like being on the ground anymore. It's really strange

Great scrambling ability against who? Roy Nelson? Mark Hunt? Travis Browne? Lol. As much as I love Derrick Lewis (and hate DC), black beast has never fought a wrestler like Jon Jone's son.

He may be clumsy and clueless, but he somehow has a great instinct on how to scramble back on his feet, he manages to escape some very tricky positions like side and back control. His last 10 fights he never came close to being submitted.
quote-it-pays-to-trust-your-instinct-donald-trump-63-85-87.jpg

So great. War Black Beast!

I think he has found success getting back up at has a lot to do with the general lack of high caliber wrestlers at HW.

yeah sometimes just randomly gets up on his feet because he doesn't fee like being on the ground anymore. It's really strange
That's how Brian Stann described it in one of his fights. He'll get taken down and be on his back for a bit, but then decide that well, he wants to get up, so he gets up.

True, but DC will dominate him if they grapple. It will be easy.

Great scrambling ability against who? Roy Nelson? Mark Hunt? Travis Browne? Lol. As much as I love Derrick Lewis (and hate DC), black beast has never fought a wrestler like Jon Jone's son.

Jon Jone's son fights in the UFC already? <{dayum}>

Are you referring to ground beef? A.k.a. burgers?

everything about the entire HW division is overrated

I think he has found success getting back up at has a lot to do with the general lack of high caliber wrestlers at HW.

he got up from under Jared Rosholt multiple times, and he's an accomplished wrestler who was the UFC HW's version of Jon Fitch.

about time someone besides me noticed! he's good at getting back up

His ground game and GnP is far better than his standup. I don't know why people act as though taking him down is the answer. I think grappling with his is the worst gameplan. He has looked far more vulnerable standing than anywhere else.

Back