Now that Nate Vs Dustin is Off...

TheCompleteKO

All-new MMA Visual Podcast
@Blue
Reaction score
Sherdog,

On my YouTube channel I posted a video how I personally said that Nate Diaz vs Dustin was one of the worst match-making decisions UFC has made based on these (few) reasons:
- Nate was arguably at that time the 2nd most marketable fighter (Before 229 and after Conor)
- Dustin is a legit contenteder while Nate isnt, and if Nate loses it decreases his stock and if Dustin loses it brings him down the ladder
- Tony at that time had no opponent

ANYWAYS,
the real question is do you STILL want to see Nate vs Dustin or would you think of any better fights post UFC 229?

Post thoughts

Last edited:
I don't wanna see Nate vs Dustin. Nate vs Gaethje is a fight I'd like to see. But Diaz probably won't fight again in 5 more years.

I wouldn't mind them trying to do it again, not sure about Dustin's hip tho. <Lmaoo>

It probably goes like most Diaz losses

Leg kick, leg kick, takedown....rinse and repeat. No way can Dustin beat Nate in a boxing match so that's his clear path to victory

Did you just say Nate vs Poirier was the worst match making decision ever?

A fight everyone wanted to see?

A fight that everyone was excited for when it was announced?

ban.

Did you just say Nate vs Poirier was the worst match making decision ever?

A fight everyone wanted to see?

A fight that everyone was excited for when it was announced?

ban.

was one of the worst fights made.

I would argue against you because any fight announcement with Nate would've gotten all the hype you just mentioned.

He would've gotten more hype if he was paired with Tony or Gaethje..not Dustin

was one of the worst fights made.

I would argue against you because any fight announcement with Nate would've gotten all the hype you just mentioned.

He would've gotten more hype if he was paired with Tony or Gaethje..not Dustin

They both bring it.

Would have been a worthy sacrifice to the just bleed gods.

Fights like those are not among the worst match making decisions ever.

They both bring it.

Would have been a worthy sacrifice to the just bleed gods.

Fights like those are not among the worst match making decisions ever.

Nate vs Tony
Nate vs Gaethje

Both would please the J.B Gods more

It was a waste of a match for Nate

Definitely would still like to see it but there's lots of other fights for both that are also interesting imho.

ANYWAYS,
the real question is do you STILL want to see Nate vs Dustin or would you think of any better fights post UFC 229?

tenor.gif

IMO, Diaz vs Poirer was brilliant.

Diaz wins and he gets a legit win over a surging LW, setting up a money fight again with actual relevance to the division.

Poirer wins and it’s a huge boost to his stock, also setting him up for a big fight.

It’s a win/win for the division, assuming Diaz would just shut up and fight. I bet it would be a very exciting fight as well and I was as excited for it as I have been any fight of recent history.

Nobody is interested in fighting JG because he showed up and we got to figure out where he's at. 2-2, both losses getting scary knocked out, in back to back fights.

He did a good job recovering by beating an unheralded fighter, but he's going to have to put a few in a row together for people to respect him again for marquee fights.

The UFC should rebook Nate -vs- Poirer. It's a fun stylistic matchup and makes sense for the division.

Nate vs BJ Penn - book it

One of the worst matchmaking decisions ever???

Have you seen half of the cards nowadays, and you're shitting on Diaz vs Poirier??

Some people will never be pleased will they

Back