Is Jon Jones a better fighter than Alexander Gustafsson?

Tapping Machine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Obviously their first fight was very close, with the majority of unbiased viewers thinking Gus won

So who has the superior skill set and who will be victorious on December the 29th?

Keep in mind that Gus should've gotten the decision against DC

Jon Jones barely trained for Gus and still outpointed him, landing the hardest and most damaging strike of the fight (spinning back elbow round 4).

He is undoubtedly a better fighter and will finish Gus convincingly this time, similar to the DC rematch.

Most of the people in my social circle who didn't have a dog in the fight thought Gus clearly won

As did I

There's a pretty big stretch between "most unbiased viewers" and "most of the people in my social circle".

Not that this is important, really, I'm not trying to start an argument here :D

with the majority of unbiased viewers thinking Gus won
635850594451771913-1646403662_oyrIHeR.gif

There's a pretty big stretch between "most unbiased viewers" and "most of the people in my social circle".

Not that this is important, really, I'm not trying to start an argument here :D
For the record I think Jon wins the rematch

Not a Jon hater at all, I'm actually a big fan of his fighting skills and believe that he is #2 GOAT after GSP

Yes. Jon is an incredible fighter.

Gus matches up well with him stylistically though.

Jones is a way better fighter than Gus and Gus clearly lost the last fight. It was only close because Jones didn't take him seriously. This time it will be a complete domination and Jones will finish him.

He has a more varied and effective arsenal of techniques and better fighter IQ. So yes he is

Depends if juicehead is clean or not (lol). Skillwise, he obviously has more tools than Gus. However, Jon has he is hittable; he's taken some bombs over the years. If that chin is roidless we might see it cracked soon.

Last edited:
Back