Greg Hardy's Next Opponent Proclaims He Won't Go Backwards and He Won't Run

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“I’m excited to get this fight and opportunity,” Merritt stated. “I just love to fight and this is a big fight for me. We are going to have a great fight for the fans. We both attack from the first bell. The guys he’s been knocking out have gone backwards, trying to keep Hardy off. I’m not going to do that. There’s no running in the ring. The best course of action is to attack him right from the start. That’s what I will do Dec. 21.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/10/greg-...rritt-fourth-mma-island-fights-ufc-fight-pass

He is fucked.

Just throw Hardy in there with a top 10 guy already and watch him get demolished

Although there is a chance that he could one punch KO any of them, and the ensuing meltdown would be hilarious

They all say that until they’re locked in the cage with an a level

Then it’s 180

A 3-3 HW who hasn't fought for over 2 years.
Going forward or backwards isn't going to really matter, he's not been chosen for the fight because he can win it.

I don't know this Merritt guy. Is he legit ?

Anyway not sold at all on the Greg Hardy hype. This A-level athlete thing is bullshit, A-level fighters will always crush A-level athletes in MMA. It's cage fighting not track & field.

I can be wrong but I think any top 10 guy with just a solid chin and experience like Black Beast beats Greg Hardy. Hardy could probably knock out Arlovski or Overeem tho.

I don't know this Merritt guy. Is he legit ?

Anyway not sold at all on the Greg Hardy hype. This A-level athlete thing is bullshit, A-level fighters will always crush A-level athletes in MMA. It's cage fighting not track & field.

I can be wrong but I think any top 10 guy with just a solid chin and experience like Black Beast beats Greg Hardy. Hardy could probably knock out Arlovski or Overeem tho.
Not sold either. Merrit has ring rust, but I would be surprised if he gives him a beating.

Not sold either. Merrit has ring rust, but I would be surprised if he gives him a beating.
Have you watched Merrits fights? He looks like dog shit. I want Greg Hardy to get destroyed to prove martial arts > than athleticism but this ain't the guy to do it.

Whodafookisdatguy.gif

Another sacrificial lamb for Greg Hardy.

Watch him getting built up slowly in the bush leagues, then transferred the the UFC, where he will be fast-tracked to a title shot and get his ass kicked.

Have you watched Merrits fights? He looks like dog shit. I want Greg Hardy to get destroyed to prove martial arts > than athleticism but this ain't the guy to do it.
Saw Merrit fight. Didn't look great. Chin high up in the air. But Greg looks like shit too. He just catches guy's with his power before they do.

Greg Hardy wins by KO inside first minute

Then he begins his official war path to UFC gold. HW champ early 2020.

Is this guy any better than Hardy's last opponent? Doesn't seem so, which renders a simple conclusion: UFC isn't building Hardy, it is building Hardy's hype.

Just throw Hardy in there with a top 10 guy already and watch him get demolished

Although there is a chance that he could one punch KO any of them, and the ensuing meltdown would be hilarious
Hardy is actually an A lvl athlete. He would starch any UFC scrub. UFC fighters are D lvl part timers.

Is this guy any better than Hardy's last opponent? Doesn't seem so, which renders a simple conclusion: UFC isn't building Hardy, it is building Hardy's hype.

Also, trying to whet the desire of fans to see Hardy in the big leagues enough until it's stronger than the revulsion about his unsavory reputation as a woman-beater.

Watch him getting built up slowly in the bush leagues, then transferred the the UFC, where he will be fast-tracked to a title shot and get his ass kicked.

I find it odd that regular Sherdog posters seem to not realize that Alexei Oleinik is ranked #8 in the world at HW, and that Greg Hardy would spark him inside 2 minutes.

Why is Hardy not in UFC already?

Brock Lesnar gets 1 MMA win then on his secomd fight fights Frank Mir.

He's not Brock Lesnar.

NO ONE WANTS TO SEE A WIFE BEATER BE SUCCESSFUL.

NO ONE!!

Back