What tools does Fedor need to implement vs. Ryan Bader?

2004 account

For a fair sport/true mma fan, ain't no shill
@Silver
Reaction score
Everyone will probably answer the obvious "Fedor needs to improve his take down defense" and while I agree somewhat, I feel Fedor needs to start using a tool that I've never seen him use before:

Elbows

Think about it, Ryan will be looking to close distance while standing so if fedor catches him with an unexpected short standing elbow when he comes in for the clinch, it might stun him. For example Chris Weidman vs Mark Muñoz.

Learning elbows will also be effective if he half-stuffs a takedown, gets pushed towards the fence, where he can ko Bader out just like Travis Browne did to Barnett with standing elbows.

And finally on the ground in top position as well as bottom, it's a very good weapon to cut open opponents, frustrate them into opening up and make a tactical mistake and let's be real here, a Fedor elbow with the power he is capable of amassing, should be powerful enough to cave in a man's eye socket, and break his orbital bone.

Fedor with hellbows, just imagine the destruction.

lmao old fedor will still handle bader.

This fight REALLY intrigues me. Im pulling for Fedor, but Bader has been looking unstoppable.

Bader will easily beat Fedor and leave his delusional fans in a pool of depression

Fedor is far too comfortable being on his back, and he's not fighting someone like Mark Coleman who didn't know how to defend a simple armbar from guard. Same reason prime Lesnar would've crushed prime Fedor

Even an undersized, washed up Chael gave that fight away with his horrible back take attempt

Bader will easily beat Fedor and leave his delusional fans in a pool of depression

Fedor is far too comfortable being on his back, and he's not fighting someone like Mark Coleman who didn't know how to defend a simple armbar from guard. Same reason prime Lesnar would've crushed prime Fedor
The outcome is exciting either way. Either Fedor becomes the Bellator heavyweight champion at 42, or Bader becomes the champ-champ. It's just awesome all around.

tughbsb.jpg

Heart
Hips
Hellbows

I like it...it will be enough.

giphy.gif

t
Listen dummy. I know youre riding high on picking on conor fans after his loss. Hell, youre whole existence on this board is to discredit Conor. As evidenced by your join date and name.

But, the bashing is getting old. This has been a respectful thread and you come out with this bullshit.
Calm your tits

If he catches Bader clean in the stand-up, that's all she wrote.

Ryan can be quite chinny at times, and Fedor has anvils for fists.

The outcome is exciting either way. Either Fedor becomes the Bellator heavyweight champion at 42, or Bader becomes the champ-champ. It's just awesome all around.
The UFC's Heavyweight division is in bad shape, but it shows just how much worse Bellator's is no matter who wins

Bader, a guy who never beat any elite UFC fighter in their prime at LHW, is the Bellator HW champion?

Or Fedor, a guy that should've lost to Maldonado (who's not even a talented LHW) a few years back the champ?
Listen dummy. I know youre riding high on picking on conor fans after his loss. Hell, youre whole existence on this board is to discredit Conor. As evidenced by your join date and name.

But, the bashing is getting old. This has been a respectful thread and you come out with this bullshit.
Calm your tits
I gave my opinion on the fight, which is that Fedor would get wrecked by Bader

Fedor fans shit on other great fighters like GSP all the time, acting like my comment was OB is just hilarious

Btw you're the one that sounds emotional here, I'll be pretty amused when Fedor gets his shit pushed in by a LHW gatekeeper

He's not going to change at this point. I'd just like to see him focus more on grappling in camp to get his cardio up because he's definitely going to be fighting the takedown. He needs to worry less about getting up and more about being patient and reversing position or fish for a sub from the bottom.

Honestly, I'm not all that worried. Bader is chinny and I think unless he KOs Fedor (which is possible), Fedor is gonna bomb him at some point. He's not going to hold him down like he did Meathead.

Bader is not going to fight, he's going to wrestle. Thats how he could win. Hopefully Fedor can keep it a fight.

Lmao this is the same Bigfoot that got slept in the 1st round by DC in his next fight and mauled by Cain twice

There is no shame in losing to either DC or Cain. Those two are among the best heavyweights ever.

Well Fedor won't make it to baders level of wrestling or a decent enough level to effectively anti grapple Bader in just 3 months.

It's more realistic that he simply adds elbows to his arsenal. They aren't a hard technique to execute and since he has never used them before at least to my recollection, it would come as a surprise to Bader. Element of surprise is needed. Unpredictability is key for gaining advantages in fights. By now everyone has studied Fedors fights, adapted and formed game plans against him. Time to give opponents some new looks.

Martial artists should always look to evolve and add new weapons to their arsenal. Nowadays it's essential to do so. Fedor knows this. Despite not many people noticing, because the fight vs Maldonado was such a quagmire, he actually performed a flying knee in that fight which was totally new for Fedor.

Elbows will make Bader re think his takedowns and not want to risk some positions.However you think about it, elbows would be a smart addition.

Might have to write to Peter Tjisse and talk to him about elbows lol

There is no shame in losing to either DC or Cain. Those two are among the best heavyweights ever.
I never said there was.

But he didn't just lose to them, he got absolutely destroyed, almost as badly as he himself destroyed Fedor.

Shows you the difference in skill level between Cain and DC and a guy who got mounted and destroyed by Bigfoot, and was also unable to hurt Bigfoot with punches.

He needs to touch Bader's chin before his gets touched. If Tito did it then old man Fedor has a shot also.

82Jo.gif

Last edited:
Back