Why Jon Jones will beat Gustafsson decisively in their rematch

Tapping Machine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is not going to be about how Jones supposedly "barely trained" for the first Gus fight and all that. It may all be correct, but it is still speculation and not confirmed to be true.

However, I believe that Jon's fight IQ is the real difference here, and much like GSP (Jones and GSP are probably 1a and 1b in terms of Octagon intelligence), cerebral fighters almost always do better in rematches and trilogies, as the more time they spend in the cage with a specific opponent, the more easily they can see certain patterns and anticipate movements a lot easier than the first time they fought.

Jones was not used to fighting someone as tall as Gus with the elite boxing he has, so he struggled in the first few rounds but his championship heart allowed him to dig deep and get the decision in the end.

GSP won a very close SD over BJ the first time, but destroyed and finished him in the rematch. He beat Hughes easily in their rematch, and even easier again in their rubber match. Other rematches he had with Serra and Koscheck also prove this.

Jones beat all-time great DC by a clear, yet competitive decision the first time but brutally finished him in the rematch; he is exactly the type of fighter that gets better in rematches and Gus' skillset will not be able to catch Jon by surprise this time, as he will be fully prepared and beat Gus either by a dominant decision or a late stoppage.

He'll be even more juiced to the tits this time around too, since he knows he can keep getting away with it with a love tap on the wrist. lol

He'll be even more juiced to the tits this time around too, since he knows he can keep getting away with it with a love tap on the wrist. lol
I believe Jon Jones will KO him with punches, he's been working on his hands a lot.

It is also not true that he was "juiced to the tits", Mr. McLaren effectively cleared Jones and concluded that the steroid metabolite had no performance enhancing effects

I don't know why im pretty confident, Gus is going to lay a beating on him.

probably gonna look the same as the last fight. and thats fine by me.

So, ... Jones training properly for this fight or not?? I want a fucking statement NOW, ffs...

It is also not true that he was "juiced to the tits", Mr. McLaren effectively cleared Jones and concluded that the steroid metabolite had no performance enhancing effects
Suuuuurrrrrreeeee.
That's why USADA gave him the MAXIMUM suspension (which was then reduced for snitching - not because he was "cleared"). McLaren gave Jones only HALF the reduction he could have. He gave Jones a 3 month reduction, partially because Jones did a 30-day inpatient drug rehab program. Also, CSAC didn't "clear" Jones either as they took his license and fined him $205k.

So, ... Jones training properly for this fight or not?? I want a fucking statement NOW, ffs...
Without the new "Confired" button though, nobody would even believe it.

FQxzivH.gif

<seedat>

1a and 1b, of course! Anybody that knows anything about Octagon intelligence terms would agree.

Didn't read, but the reason is because he's immune to punishment for steroid test failure. They even changed the rules and don't let flaggings known anymore so they can sweep it under the rug when he fails again.

doubt it, clean jones that showed up in osp fight will get finished by gus.

Lots of ring rust on bones look at the ovince st preux fight. Gusstaffson same deal. This will not be the same as first fight. Gus has been waiting for this rematch however no belt to be claimed here. Don't really care for the fight either.

Lots of ring rust on bones look at the ovince st preux fight. Gusstaffson same deal. This will not be the same as first fight. Gus has been waiting for this rematch however no belt to be claimed here. Don't really care for the fight either.
Isn’t this fight for the LHW belt ?

Would you consider this pre-fight IQ?

Why Jon Jones will beat Gustafsson decisively in their rematch

- Because he juices to the gills

I see Gus probably beating him this time. Jones might train harder and get his mojo (i.e. roids) back and win the rubber match, though.

Back