Why McGregor will never be an MMA great.

whitebelt4life

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This is mixed martial arts people. You can't be a great, goat or a legend without being well rounded in all areas. All of these fighters, who are frequently mentioned as all-time greats are good with their hands and also solid on the ground.

- Jon Jones
- GSP
- Anderson Silva
- Fedor
- Khabib

McGregor is a one-dimensional boxer and as Khabib has proven, Conor's even over-rated in that area.

Last edited:
Khabib got putt down on his ass my the worst striker in MMA history. A glass jaw one dimensional, flat track can beater with no top 5 wins.

Khabib isn't an all time great, he is good at lightweight only.

All time greats like Cormier can fight at two weights and win belts, or else dominate a division for years like GSP and Aldo. Khabib won't dominate lightweight for years in my opinion with his struggle with the weight cut. Nor will he be a double champ.

Khabib would get outlanded 30 strikes to one off of Woodley so I'd reevaluate your opinions about him being a GOAT. He has short chicken arms.

If he's such a good wrestler why not move up and wrestle Woodley, why not is because he would get iced.

Romero is much more dangerous than Khabib too in my opinion and Whittaker too.

Now tell me something I don't know...

Money talks. He will be remembered over all on your list.
200w.gif

This is mixed martial arts people. You can't be a great, goat or a legend without being well rounded in all areas. All of these fighters, who are frequently mentioned as all-time greats are good with their hands and also solid with on the ground.

- Jon Jones
- GSP
- Anderson Silva
- Fedor
- Khabib

McGregor is a one-dimensional boxer and as Khabib has proven, Conor's even over-rated in that area.

Conor haters can't tell the truth. It's so sad.

No one really thinks he is the level of GSP/Jones/Silva/Fedor. Never has been, never will be.

He gets shit on far to much for being one dimensional though. I was impressed he stopped takedowns and defended well on the ground.

Really surprised that after a massive lay off going straight in against the champ, an unbeaten, bigger man with a style he struggles with he isn’t getting some praise. Ring rust is real. I think he could win the fight a lot of UFC fans didn’t expect he would even take.

This is mixed martial arts people. You can't be a great, goat or a legend without being well rounded in all areas. All of these fighters, who are frequently mentioned as all-time greats are good with their hands and also solid on the ground.

- Jon Jones
- GSP
- Anderson Silva
- Fedor
- Khabib

If he was a one-dimensional boxer he'd have been submitted immediately in every fight. Tell me this: are Khabib's other oppnents 1 dimensional as well?

Well-rounded can mean you are proficient in all areas...it does not mean you have nothing in the others. And you don't need to be well rounded to be an all-time great.

Conor ran through the featherweight division and dropped Mr. Well Rounded Eddie Alvarez with strikes.

Money talks. He will be remembered over all on your list.

People with no money overrate money. Rhonda went into a deep, dark depression after her first loss even though she was rich. If Conor's so happy with his money now, why is he drinking 24/7?

- Jon Jones
- GSP
- Anderson Silva
- Fedor
- Khabib

I hate to break it to you but he is universally regarded as an MMA great by professionals in the field.

9-2 in the UFC
Won 2 belts
Knocked out the FW GOAT in 13 seconds.
Knocked out the LW champ with ease..

Yes he is an MMA great.. And likely not done. He will win more big fights..

People with no money overrate money. Rhonda went into a deep, dark depression after her first loss even though she was rich. If Conor's so happy with his money now, why is he drinking 24/7?

Your reply has nothing to do with the topic and Rhonda is considered by many to be on that list.

If he was a one-dimensional boxer he'd have been submitted immediately in every fight. Tell me this: are Khabib's other oppnents 1 dimensional as well?

Well-rounded can mean you are proficient in all areas...it does not mean you have nothing in the others. And you don't need to be well rounded to be an all-time great.

Conor ran through the featherweight division and dropped Mr. Well Rounded Eddie Alvarez with strikes.

So, who has he subbed or out-wrestled?

Back