How Does Cejudo Beat Dillashaw?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Cejudo looked good vs Johnson when he won the title - although I do think Johnson won 3-2. He held Johnson down whenever he could and somehow won with control whilst doing minimal damage. His striking has improved amd has taken a different approach to it altogether.

However, I believe TJ will crush him if they ever fight. TJ has some of the best takedown defense in the lower weight classes and there is no question to who is the better boxer, who has slicker footwork and who generally is a much better striker.
I do like Cejudo, but how does he beat TJ? He isn't holding him down like he did to Johnson, and would probably get knocked out in around 3 rounds by TJ (or 2 rounds depending on how his chin is).

Thoughts?

At 135, leaning pretty hard TJ's direction. TJ's grappling is closer to Cejudo's grappling than Cejudos stand up is to TJ's. I think TJ pieces him up in the first and finishes him.

What is Cejudos path ro victory? He has one. He has to get TJ down and beat on him like he is dinner. If he can weaken TJ early, and pose the ground game as a serious threat to TJ's striking, he can pull out a victory.

Tough fight for Henry, though.

He gets beat up and just that's the way it is....

It would be a 50-45 striking match in favor of TJ. Marlon is the guy to beat TJ

Cejudo vs Dillashaw is proof that the UFC is a joke. Cejudo probably loses to TJ but who the fuck cares? It is hard to even consider him the champ since he hasn't defended his belt, and his victory over DJ, while historic, is less convincing than his loss. Rematch or defend the belt and fuck off with "super fights".

He’s into Karate now so some sort of ancient karate sneak attack might work (cause nothing else will)
giphy.gif

I don't think he or anyone else beats dillashaw, There isn't a man in the UFC 135 or 125 division fighting that I would place money on to beat TJ. Whoever beats him is going to completely surprise me for sure. If I had to pick one, It'd be Morales because he's great at people hurting people badly with single strikes. so maybe he catches dillashaw but I see TJ moving faster and avoiding it.

Cejudo vs Dillashaw is proof that the UFC is a joke. Cejudo probably loses to TJ but who the fuck cares? It is hard to even consider him the champ since he hasn't defended his belt, and his victory over DJ, while historic, is less convincing than his loss. Rematch or defend the belt and fuck off with "super fights".

Not so fast, Cejudo beat Mighty Mouse and beat him the best way. He mighty mouse'd him, and that's incredibly hard to do. My opinion on that this is that we really don't know just HOW good Cejudo is. Maybe he is "The One" so to speak.

Last edited:
Only really interested in this scrap if the fold 125. Suppose I'll watch either way but can't really muster any enthusiasm for it.

By showing up to the fight, remember the TJ curse he is destined to lose his next fight.

Cejudo loses badly and then Sherdog forgets how big his balls are for taking the fight to begin with.

He could potentially hold him down and keep him there.

I think TJ is better everywhere though, and he would pull it off.

no way he beats TJ - sorry TJ is better in nearly every aspect apart from wrestling. also fights a weight class above

He doesn't unless he has the same jump in ability as he did from the first MM fight to the second.

I think TJ outworks Cejudo on the feet and stuffs his takedown attempts.

lucky judges decision like he did vs dj

Back