Jon Jones did not train hard for first Gustafsson fight—says Mike Winklejohn

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Oh yeah, there’s no doubt about it. You know what, Jon won the last fight [and] he definitely didn’t train hard for that fight. His mind was elsewhere, I think he took it a little light. Kinda real fascinating how stupid that was because Gustafsson can fight.

“I’m always a believer in Jon Jones’ heart and ability to figure sh*t out and come out on top. I figured it was gonna be one of those rough ones and it was, there’s no doubt about it.”

“It was just we had to find a way as a team to help him conserve his energy here and there because he wasn’t in quite the shape he should’ve been in, which played out huge throughout the fight.”

Wow, very interesting that Jon was still able to outpoint the Swede despite not training to his full potential and also being out of shape. This is a scary realization for Gustafsson and all Jon Jones haters. It’s safe to say we can expect The GOAT to brutally finish Alex at UFC 232, a la the DC rematch.

Not a good idea to abuse the thread prefixes.

Already abusing the new functions I see..

edit: 2nd after the boss.

Confirmed: Shady coach at Jones's gym now notorious for PED use and called out recently by another UFC fighter for ruining the gym due to being all about money makes excuses for Jones winning a controversial fight where he admitted afterwards he was juiced.

Gus went to a split with DC as well. His chances are legit in this rematch. I expect both fighters to be historically motivated. Am interested.

(Jones still takes it)

23ldysy.jpg

“Oh yeah, there’s no doubt about it. You know what, Jon won the last fight [and] he definitely didn’t train hard for that fight. His mind was elsewhere, I think he took it a little light. Kinda real fascinating how stupid that was because Gustafsson can fight.

“I’m always a believer in Jon Jones’ heart and ability to figure sh*t out and come out on top. I figured it was gonna be one of those rough ones and it was, there’s no doubt about it.”

“It was just we had to find a way as a team to help him conserve his energy here and there because he wasn’t in quite the shape he should’ve been in, which played out huge throughout the fight.”

Wow, very interesting that Jon was still able to outpoint the Swede despite not training to his full potential and also being out of shape. This is a scary realization for Gustafsson and all Jon Jones haters. It’s safe to say we can expect The GOAT to brutally finish Alex at UFC 232, a la the DC rematch.
I do not care what will happen in this fight I want to know that Jones will not do something wrong outside of octagon in next 3 years and that we can watch his great fighting style without fear that he will make us idiots for 3 time

Yet he was in good enough shape for a strong finish in a 5 round fight. Sounds like a PED admission to me.

Well I hope he comes in screaming for blood in the rematch.

Very stoked!

Back