I honestly think Luke Rockhold would've finished Werdum if that fight had happened

Tapping Machine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Remember a year or two back when Luke was calling out Werdum but Werdum turned it down because he had "title aspirations"

I think he turned it down for a reason, because Luke without that brutal weight cut to 185 would be a fucking monster, and a bad matchup for Werdum. Rockhold's defensive boxing isn't the best, but Werdum has average hands and would definitely lose a long-range kicking battle to Luke. On the ground, Werdum has a great guard but the best top game should be favored over the best guard imo, and Luke has the best top game in MMA. Elite submissions and scary ground and pound, Werdum may be the more accomplished BJJ guy but Luke definitely has the better MMA grappling. Luke is also the superior wrestler and will control where the fight takes place.

I think Luke's chin issues are a product of him cutting too much weight, and hopefully he moves up to 205 after he demolishes Weidman again.

Luke gets the G&P TKO in Rd 3 after hurting Werdum with a head kick on the feet

Would have had to have been with strikes, but ain't no way that Rockhold is submitting Fabricio Werdum.

Would have had to have been with strikes, but ain't no way that Rockhold is submitting Fabricio Werdum.
Well I said in my OP that he'd get it done with G&P TKO

But assuming they never fought, the idea of Rothwell submitting Barnett is far more unlikely than Luke doing the same to Werdum

lmao you mean the guy who schooled his big brother cain in all dimensions of the fight game is gonna lose to Rocksalt. yeah you smoking fine weed TS

leyjPYpfXuA.jpg

UFC 188 Werdum I don't think so. I think he'd smoke current Werdum.

lmao you mean the guy who schooled his big brother cain in all dimensions of the fight game is gonna lose to Rocksalt. yeah you smoking fine weed TS
The guy who was juiced to the gills maybe

This fight was talked about after USADA so no lol

Styles make fights

The guy who was juiced to the gills maybe

This fight was talked about after USADA so no lol

Styles make fights
when your referring to two years ago werdum was still juiced to the gills with USADA, he wasn't caught yet, so i am sure he would beat thim, when werdum comes back at 43 maybe
2v0ydfp.jpg

Any version of FabROIDio likely schools Luke.

Rockhold ain't out-grappling him, and if Doom taps him on the chin, he goes sleepy-time.

Any version of FabROIDio likely schools Luke.

Rockhold ain't out-grappling him, and if Doom taps him on the chin, he goes sleepy-time.
Werdum's BJJ is really overrated imo, he's fast at locking in subs if you leave yourself exposed, but his positional grappling is meh for "elite black belt" standards

He spent like 10 minutes on top of Volkov in his last fight and couldn't do shit with it, and his guard didn't threaten a single submission or sweep against MARK HUNT, who has some of the worst submission defense out there

Werdum is weirdly inconsistent. He is able to sub Fedor and Cain, but he couldn't TKO Overeem, who pretty much gave him all the opportunities in third fight. He couldn't finish Travis Brown in two fights - and Travis has almost all his losses by being stopped.
He rushes into Stipe and stand-and-bangs with Volkov both into being knocked out.
If non-motivated Werdum shows up, I think Rockhold can school him with ease.

Well I said in my OP that he'd get it done with G&P TKO

But assuming they never fought, the idea of Rothwell submitting Barnett is far more unlikely than Luke doing the same to Werdum

You obviously don't know alot about Werdum.

That statement proves that.

Werdum would annihilate Luke, both on the feet and on the ground.

I agree, Werdum have zero hands and he is zero threat on the feet, he is not athletic nor explosive enough to surprise Luke

"Werdums bjj is overrated"

It's a hot take, never change Sherdog.

Back