Will Bare Knuckle Fighting (WBKFF) take off like MMA?

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
Since this has been legalized apparently for the first time in 130 years, it could take off.
The World Bare Knuckle Fighting Federation are having their first even in November.

http://bareknucklefightingfederation.com

Johny Henricks, Chris Leben and Phil Baroni will be on the card.

It will be interesting to see how the standup is bare knuckle and if the sport takes off. From what I know of bare knuckle it will be a bloody night.

I honestly dont think there's a big enough appetite for bear knuckle fighting with the UFC in the picture.

Most people who don't follow the sport think cage fighting and bare knuckle boxing is one in the same.

Hope they get the proper amount of dollars to fuck their brain and fist doing this nonsense

No, because bare knuckle fighting is usually boring as fuck to watch. It always was.

With mma around, bare knuckle boxing seems redundant. It’s obviously better than boxing imo, but doesn’t overtake mma as far as being over-the-top real fighting.
That being said, it is fun to watch. They’ve already had a couple of events In other orgs. There have been some great scraps.

It'll create a stir for a while, especially among some demographics, fights are all too similar though.

4f50c63f1f1d8b1cfabd7cfb8a527375.jpg fc21aa4cc9a18b63a0c92fd0263b3a6a.jpg
Old_Timey.jpg 2de9cc0340c47551113858b5e58ad6fe--bare-knuckle-boxing-bucket-list.jpg

Interestingly their calling it the World Bare Knuckle Fighting Federation not boxing, so there may be some room for more than just boxing without gloves but we will see.

Last edited:
Im even surprised its legalized. MMA as is(and other contact sports that are more mainstream), is hitting into more and more obstacles with people becoming more aware of brain damage and how quickly it occurs and the general pussifying of the nation. But bare knuckle fighting?
Heck even me as a big mma fan see bare knuckle as too much. Those involved will probabily keep believing it will blow up but it never will and fighters will keep competing in arenas where there will be no proper medical support or licensed refs and pay will be sh1tty or on hand. Sad future.

I've already seen two Bare Knuckle PPVs and it's not really that exciting. I only watched it because it had some recognizable names on the card.

This should blow up with all of the fans of real fighting on Sherdog.

Only if they cut promos in derelict halting sites like Irish gypsy bareknuckle boxers, the true princes of pugilism.

Only if they cut promos in derelict halting sites like Irish gypsy bareknuckle boxers, the true princes of pugilism.

Then they need to sign Mcregor, the sport will take off then for sure although comparing him to old time fighters is laughable

People are about to see why the Gracies objected to the use of gloves in original NHB fights. That shit hurts and it favors submission fighting. Palm heels can be effective, but not when using traditional boxing strikes. I will stream it just to check it out.

Back